More Raro Titles...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
    I'm 99% sure that the stand alone release will be the same as the one included in the boxed set.
    That's what I figured.

Ridiculous.

Comment

From Raro's press release:

"(Los Angeles, CA) SHOOT FIRST, DIE LATER is one of the most impressive crime thrillers ever made by the great, and often referenced by Hollywood, Fernando Di Leo. It is a lost masterpiece of Italian cinema.

Desperately sought after and never before released worldwide - RaroVideo is proud to be releasing the tough, exciting, dramatically potent, well acted and action packed film, SHOOT FIRST, DIE LATER. Luc Merenda gives the performance of his career as a highly regarded police detective who is taking syndicate money in exchange for departmental favors. His father, a simple man, also works for the department but on a lower rung; he isn't jealous of his son, but rather proud of him, little knowing that he's a crooked cop. A series of events leads the young detective to ask his father for a favor (he wants a certain police report that is desired by the syndicate) and it doesn't take long for the detective's father to realize his son is on the take... which leads to numerous complications.

SHOOT FIRST, DIE LATER has yet to emerge on DVD anywhere in the world, leaving it at the mercy of terribly quality bootlegs. Fortunately, RaroVideo and The New Beverly have made this film available to screen for the first-time-ever in the US on December 22 at The New Beverly Cinema (7165 Beverly Blvd) in Los Angeles in advance of its debut on DVD and Blu-ray.

RaroVideo will finally release this crime masterwork on DVD and Blu-ray early in 2013, Date is TBD."
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Re: More Raro Titles...

I think with Raro, more so their USA branch, you just have to be patient and accept they're a little slack. They do deliver though so the wait is worth it. I've not been let down so far, apart from having to wait a bit for things to turn up. I'm just glad this stuff is being released at all! I remember way back when they released the crime films in Italy (Calibre 9, Live Like a Cop etc) I was like a kid at Christmas when those bad boys arrived!
        Letterboxd - "Henry Silva has a small zoo at home and his weapon of choice is a bazooka"

Comment

More Raro Titles...

Yeah, I imported all of the Di Leo movies when they came out in Italy, I will never forgot how loud the Raro title screen was!
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Maybe they don't always deliver on time but Raro USA released one of my favorite BDs of the year in NIGHT OF THE DEVILS. I don't think you can overestimate how special this one was.
            I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Diabolik just posted this update:

"We have pulled down the preorders for RaroVideo Fernando DiLeo Crime Collection V2 and Shoot First or Die Later because they have been delayed again. Since we aren't sure when they will be available, we thought it best that we not take anymore orders for them until a firm release date is announced. We are told they will likely be available in May."
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                Yeah, I imported all of the Di Leo movies when they came out in Italy, I will never forgot how loud the Raro title screen was!
                That thing was loud enough to give you the poo shivers.

Comment

They just posted this, so I assume it's an upcoming release.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• From FB:

"THE LONG HAIR OF DEATH( I Lunghi Capelli della Morte)
                      US edition DVD & BR - New HD Transfer from original 35mm Negative.
                      Out December 2014...."
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Up for pre-order on Raro's page.

Click image for larger version

Name:	11062793_1013125402065457_6.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	348851
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Sweet!

Comment

• That's most welcome - assuming it's a nice release. I wish Raro would release a BD of Barilli's PENSIONE PAURA though, woefully underrated film.
                            I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• I'd love to see PENSIONE PAURA on BD too, but not necessarily from Raro.
                              I will wait for reviews as I am still nursing scorch marks from a few of their previous releases.
                              https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

• To Be Twenty and The Secret of Dorian Gray are in the works for Blu for 2016.
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X