X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QUATERMASS AND THE PIT (Blu-Ray) Cover Art/Features

AMAZON UK - 9/19/2012

Special Features include:
    • New UK exclusive interviews with Julian Glover, Mark Gatiss, Judith Kerr, Kim Newman and Marcus Hearne
    • Audio commentary with Nigel Kneale and Roy Ward Baker
    • World of Hammer - Sci-Fi Episode
    • UK and US trailers
    • Interview with Joe Dante

Fuck. That's awful

Comment

This is better than this, and they're both better than the old AB cover.

This would do, in a pinch.

Comment

That's staggeringly lazy. I think I'll hold out for the possibility of a German release or something.

"This would do" - Good find, Barry!

Comment

Barbara Shelley! Hubba hubba.

I didn't like this cover at first, but it's growing on me. It could be better, but still...

I'll wait to see what the discs like before buying it though. I *did* have it on preorder but cancelled it last week. I don't want to get my hopes up too high for this release, only to have them dashed at the last minute.
          'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
          'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Are we sure that's a real cover? Hard to imagine they could spell "devastate" wrong.
            "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
              Are we sure that's a real cover? Hard to imagine they could spell "devastate" wrong.
              It's the real cover...but like most pre-release stuff, what you're seeing is probably final print mock-up. That said, I wouldn't be surprised at all of the spelling error making it to print as, within the number of genre BD/DVDs I've imported in recent years from the UK, you'd be surprised at the amount of minor blunders that sneak through in their sleeves (mind you, here in Oz isn't much better). Quality control isn't just lacking when it comes to the authoring of discs with some companies -- it appears some of them don't even have a proof-reader amongst their comps.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike T View Post
                Quality control isn't just lacking when it comes to the authoring of discs with some companies -- it appears some of them don't even have a proof-reader amongst their comps.
                Regarding some UK companies, this is very, very true, and is a pet peeve of mine.
                'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Working...
                X