• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Darcy Parker

• Darcy Parker
    replied
    Originally posted by Lorne Marshall View Post
    Although it’s not great Argento (for me the last one in that category would be OPERA), SLEEPLESS is the last one he made that I like enough to occasionally return to it, even if it has some goofy elements I find worthy of comparison to NEW YORK RIPPER.

I will definitely check this one out when it becomes available to me.
    Anything has got to be better than Dracula 3D, at least!

Leave a comment:

• Lorne Marshall

• Lorne Marshall
    replied
    Although it’s not great Argento (for me the last one in that category would be OPERA), SLEEPLESS is the last one he made that I like enough to occasionally return to it, even if it has some goofy elements I find worthy of comparison to NEW YORK RIPPER.

I will definitely check this one out when it becomes available to me.

Leave a comment:

• agent999

• agent999
    replied
    Originally posted by f.ramses View Post
    Apparently that Italian BD has English subs even though it doesn't list them on the back cover. https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=351609
    Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• f.ramses

• f.ramses
    replied
    Apparently that Italian BD has English subs even though it doesn't list them on the back cover. https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=351609

Leave a comment:

• Lalala76

• Lalala76
    replied
    Italian blu

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Dom D
    replied
    Originally posted by James Reed View Post
    Sounds like a positive review, Dom. Hopefully this will get a physical release in the U.S. since I don't subscribe to Shudder.
    I think even more positively of it now I've had some time to sit on it. I put it on expecting to hate it after the last couple of his films and I think that coloured my viewing experience. I was always waiting for the other shoe to drop. Stylistically it's pretty dry but otherwise solid giallo. No cgi, lots of tearing latex and syrup.

Leave a comment:

• James Reed

• James Reed
    replied
    Sounds like a positive review, Dom. Hopefully this will get a physical release in the U.S. since I don't subscribe to Shudder.

Leave a comment:

• Dom D
    replied
    This is not the worst film in the world. If it had been made in the 70s it might even have ranked as a minor classic. It wasn't made in the 70s though. At one point my girlfriend walked past and watched for 30 seconds before saying 'can you even call ita giallo with modern cars?' Its a fair point, I wish this had 70s fashion and cool.

It does have the synth score of an older Argento and there's an almost half hour long stalk at the end that is reasonably tense. The triumvirate of the blind prostitute (she loses her sight because she shares Trumps view of the best way to eclipse watch), the orphan Chinese boy and the murderous seeing eye dog is a winningly loopy giallo construct.

Characters, motivations and actions make no sense but I consider that a plus rather than a demerit. Its very Argento on that front. The guy has lost a lot when it comes to staging his set piece scenes however. There's a scene where 2 cops get killed that is completely crazed but would have been so much better staged as a stalking rather than what we get.

It's the most Argento film since Nonhosonno though and I'm not sorry it exists which I tend to be for new Argento. A tentative recommendation for those with a fond, forgiving eye.
    Last edited by Dom D; 05-18-2022, 09:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Ok, so the new vBulletin software doesn't let you merge stuff the way the old software did but I've 'copied' the old thread into this one.

I don't love the way it looks/reads, but such is life.

Leave a comment:

• Matt H.

• Matt H.
    replied
    The other thread is under the title BLACK GLASSES.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    If I search for Dark Glasses I only see this one - can you shoot me a link?

Leave a comment:

• James Reed

• James Reed
    replied
    I just noticed that there are two threads for this movie with the same name.... How about merging them, Ian?
    Dario Argento's Black Glasses - Rock! Shock! Pop! Forums - Cult Movie DVD & Blu-ray Reviews, Comics Books, Music And More! (rockshockpop.com)
    James Reed
    Last edited by James Reed; 05-10-2022, 05:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    German Blu-ray coming 7/29/22.

Click image for larger version

Name:	280266108_1669652023378010_35054424768474820_n.jpg
Views:	825
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	392381

Leave a comment:

• Darcy Parker

• Darcy Parker
    commented on 's reply
    Originally posted by agent999
    No great surprise, but this month's Italian Blu is not going to be English friendly.
    That's a good sign for an English-friendly disc coming soon.
  • agent999

• agent999
    commented on 's reply
    No great surprise, but this month's Italian Blu is not going to be English friendly.
Working...
X