Dario Argento's Dark Glasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dario Argento's Dark Glasses

"Italian filmmaking legend Dario Argento, who hasn't been behind the camera in a decade (Dracula 3D), is returning to his roots with the Rome-set Giallo thriller Dark Glasses, which is being handled at the ongoing AFM by Wild Bunch.

ScreenDaily shares the first-ever image of Ilenia Pastorelli as a prostitute blinded by a serial killer in a botched attack who takes in a young Chinese boy, whose life has also been abruptly altered forever by the maniac's actions. He will become her ally in a terrifying struggle to see off the serial killer forever."

More here:

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...glasses-image/
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Dario Argento Will Direct New Giallo 'Black Glasses' This Spring, Asia Argento to Star

In an interview with the folks at the Criminology Festival website, Argento confirmed the following details on Occhiali Neri - Black Glasses:

“Yes, I will shoot it in the spring. There are many outdoor scenes, surrounded by nature, in winter it is too cold to shoot,” Argento told the site. “As announced there will also be Asia. I remember her 8 years debut for Sergio Citti, then the whole journey that brought her to America. I wrote for her “Trauma”, she acted with me at 13 years old. A collaboration lasting five films...”

Stay tuned for more updates on this project soon.
    Yeah yeah yeah his output since the 90's, Asia's various scandals blah blah...
    LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

• Darcy Parker
      Darcy Parker
      Darcy Parker commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Jack J
      We don't have Shudder here but hopefully another label is gonna pick it up. I'm certainly crossing my fingers that he's going to return to form - at least somewhat.
      If you are so inclined, Shudder stuff shows up VERY quickly on the high seas, and in high quality.

• agent999
      agent999
      agent999 commented
      Editing a comment
      No great surprise, but this month's Italian Blu is not going to be English friendly.

• Darcy Parker
      Darcy Parker
      Darcy Parker commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by agent999
      No great surprise, but this month's Italian Blu is not going to be English friendly.
      That's a good sign for an English-friendly disc coming soon.

I'm rooting for Dario to make one more good film. It's been 25 years.

Comment

Freak-o-rama posted a short clip of Franco Ferrini talking about this film

Comment

Well, after Dracula 3-D, it won't be his worst movie ever without being completely amazing.

Comment

German Blu-ray coming 7/29/22.

Click image for larger version

Name:	280266108_1669652023378010_35054424768474820_n.jpg
Views:	825
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	392381
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I just noticed that there are two threads for this movie with the same name.... How about merging them, Ian?
            Dario Argento's Black Glasses - Rock! Shock! Pop! Forums - Cult Movie DVD & Blu-ray Reviews, Comics Books, Music And More! (rockshockpop.com)
            James Reed
            Last edited by James Reed; 05-10-2022, 05:15 PM.

Comment

If I search for Dark Glasses I only see this one - can you shoot me a link?
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

The other thread is under the title BLACK GLASSES.
                Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Ok, so the new vBulletin software doesn't let you merge stuff the way the old software did but I've 'copied' the old thread into this one.

I don't love the way it looks/reads, but such is life.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

This is not the worst film in the world. If it had been made in the 70s it might even have ranked as a minor classic. It wasn't made in the 70s though. At one point my girlfriend walked past and watched for 30 seconds before saying 'can you even call ita giallo with modern cars?' Its a fair point, I wish this had 70s fashion and cool.

It does have the synth score of an older Argento and there's an almost half hour long stalk at the end that is reasonably tense. The triumvirate of the blind prostitute (she loses her sight because she shares Trumps view of the best way to eclipse watch), the orphan Chinese boy and the murderous seeing eye dog is a winningly loopy giallo construct.

Characters, motivations and actions make no sense but I consider that a plus rather than a demerit. Its very Argento on that front. The guy has lost a lot when it comes to staging his set piece scenes however. There's a scene where 2 cops get killed that is completely crazed but would have been so much better staged as a stalking rather than what we get.

It's the most Argento film since Nonhosonno though and I'm not sorry it exists which I tend to be for new Argento. A tentative recommendation for those with a fond, forgiving eye.
                    Last edited by Dom D; 05-18-2022, 09:39 PM.
                    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Sounds like a positive review, Dom. Hopefully this will get a physical release in the U.S. since I don't subscribe to Shudder.

Comment

Originally posted by James Reed View Post
                        Sounds like a positive review, Dom. Hopefully this will get a physical release in the U.S. since I don't subscribe to Shudder.
                        I think even more positively of it now I've had some time to sit on it. I put it on expecting to hate it after the last couple of his films and I think that coloured my viewing experience. I was always waiting for the other shoe to drop. Stylistically it's pretty dry but otherwise solid giallo. No cgi, lots of tearing latex and syrup.
                        "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Italian blu

Attached Files

Comment

Apparently that Italian BD has English subs even though it doesn't list them on the back cover. https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=351609

Comment

Working...
                            X