Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curwen
    commented on 's reply
    So far IMDB has this listed in its Italian title "Occhiali neri". (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10935560)

I feel that Argento would benefit from writing & shooting an Italian-language film. One of the biggest drawbacks to his films of the last 2 decades is that they've becoming increasingly reliant on dialogue & exposition. Poorly translated into an English tongue whose quality control he simply cannot gauge. (Aye carumba, MOTHER OF TEARS has some of the most dreadful expositional dialogue...)

The one piece of IMDB trivia thus far:
    Based on a 2002 screenplay by Dario Argento and Franco Ferrini that was shelved when Vittorio Cecchi Gori, the production company, filed for bankruptcy.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1093556...item=tr4713317

• Alex K.

• Alex K.
    commented on 's reply
    Well, let me just say

Originally posted by Tom Clark

Yeah yeah yeah his output since the 90's, Asia's various scandals blah blah...
    Oh... That covered it.
  • Headless Body

• Headless Body
    commented on 's reply
    It seems like he's had a lot of false starts in recent years so I hope this one actually happens. I'd love a new Argento film.
  • Tom Clark

• Tom Clark
    replied
    Dario Argento Will Direct New Giallo 'Black Glasses' This Spring, Asia Argento to Star

In an interview with the folks at the Criminology Festival website, Argento confirmed the following details on Occhiali Neri - Black Glasses:

“Yes, I will shoot it in the spring. There are many outdoor scenes, surrounded by nature, in winter it is too cold to shoot,” Argento told the site. “As announced there will also be Asia. I remember her 8 years debut for Sergio Citti, then the whole journey that brought her to America. I wrote for her “Trauma”, she acted with me at 13 years old. A collaboration lasting five films...”

Stay tuned for more updates on this project soon.
    Yeah yeah yeah his output since the 90's, Asia's various scandals blah blah...

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    started a topic Dario Argento's Dark Glasses

Dario Argento's Dark Glasses

"Italian filmmaking legend Dario Argento, who hasn't been behind the camera in a decade (Dracula 3D), is returning to his roots with the Rome-set Giallo thriller Dark Glasses, which is being handled at the ongoing AFM by Wild Bunch.

ScreenDaily shares the first-ever image of Ilenia Pastorelli as a prostitute blinded by a serial killer in a botched attack who takes in a young Chinese boy, whose life has also been abruptly altered forever by the maniac's actions. He will become her ally in a terrifying struggle to see off the serial killer forever."

More here:

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...glasses-image/
Working...
X