• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Darcy Parker

• Darcy Parker
    commented on 's reply
    Originally posted by Jack J
    We don't have Shudder here but hopefully another label is gonna pick it up. I'm certainly crossing my fingers that he's going to return to form - at least somewhat.
    If you are so inclined, Shudder stuff shows up VERY quickly on the high seas, and in high quality.
  • Jack J

• Jack J
    commented on 's reply
    We don't have Shudder here but hopefully another label is gonna pick it up. I'm certainly crossing my fingers that he's going to return to form - at least somewhat.
  • Lorne Marshall

• Lorne Marshall
    commented on 's reply
    Originally posted by BW Haggar
    …a total misunderstanding of how guide dogs work…
    What a treat the reviewer has in his future watching Argento’s most famous work!
  • BW Haggar

• BW Haggar
    commented on 's reply
    The thing is, Argento's films have always been completely preposterous - that's part of what we (or at least, I) love about them.

In fact, it gives me hope that most of the elements Bradshaw picks out to criticise in that review sound as if they could have been taken straight from his 70s/80s movies... I mean, "clunkingly absurd" plot transitions, "b movie" close-ups of blood-stained faces, a total misunderstanding of how guide dogs work... sounds like Dario on classic form to me!
  • agent999

• agent999
    commented on 's reply
    https://www.theguardian.com/film/202...ffling-shocker

Hmm. Not got my hopes up, but one man's preposterous is another man's delerious I guess?
  • Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    commented on 's reply
    Some Shudder releases have made it to physical media, I'd assume after a period of time this one will as well given Argento's status.

That said, I'm not opposed to streaming it before plunking down for the disc, given how I've felt about his last few movies.

• Dom D
    commented on 's reply
    Originally posted by agent999
    Aaaaaand it's another Shudder joint.
    Yup.

"AMC Network’s premium genre streamer Shudder has snapped up Italian filmmaker Dario Argento’s thriller Dark Glasses for release in North America, the UK & Ireland, and Australia & New Zealand ahead of its Special Gala premiere at the Berlinale today (Friday February 11).

The feature, sold internationally by Paris-based Wild Bunch International (WBI), will stream exclusively on Shudder in these territories this autumn. The Rome-set thriller starring Ilenia Pastorelli, Andrea Zhang and daughter Asia Argento is the first feature from genre maestro Argento in a decade.

Pastorelli stars as a prostitute who loses her sight in a car crash as she tries to flee a crazed serial killer but finds an ally in a young Chinese boy whose life has also been altered forever by the accident. Together the pair try to stay one step ahead of the killer.

“Argento is an undisputed master of the genre, responsible for some of the greatest horror films ever made. There are few words I’ve been more excited to say than these: ‘Shudder will be the home of Dario Argento’s new film,’” said Shudder general manager Craig Engler. ”We are beyond thrilled to bring Dark Glasses to our members around the world.”"
  • agent999

• agent999
    commented on 's reply
    Aaaaaand it's another Shudder joint.
  • Paul L
    Scholar of Sleaze

• Paul L
    commented on 's reply
    Ah, what the heck? I'm all in :D
  • BW Haggar

• BW Haggar
    commented on 's reply
    I'm surprised to see this one has gone from a vague "the film is in production" in June '21 to a full theatrical release in Feb '22. Seems like a very quick turn around for a 21st century independent film, but what do I know?

Anyway, got my fingers and toes crossed for it. It would be a beautiful thing for Dario to get one last half-decent film out there before he throws in the towel.
  • The Silly Swede

• The Silly Swede
    commented on 's reply
    Well, that at least looks like an Argento. Most of his recent work has been so colourless and ugly. Let us hope it is somewhat of a return to form, even though his recent track record pretty much makes me believe he is washed up and done.

• Dom D
    commented on 's reply
    The site Ian was linking to for the trailer wasn't opening for me but I found the trailer elsewhere. It's very heavy on the blood and gore for a trailer isn't it? A bit much maybe but then it's just a teaser trailer so I guesss who cares? That shot of the guy with the hose worries me though... I don't want Argento doing a torture thing. That stuff has done it's run at this point. HOWEVER, I like the short synopsis for this. Sounds very much like a 70s Argento.

• James Reed

• James Reed
    commented on 's reply
    Keeping my fingers crossed this one's good.
  • Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    commented on 's reply
    There's a teaser online for this one here, hits Italian cinemas 2/24/22.

https://www.comingsoon.it/film/occhi...deo/?vid=38020
  • Darcy Parker

• Darcy Parker
    replied
    Well, after Dracula 3-D, it won't be his worst movie ever without being completely amazing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X