Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mondo Macabro Releasing Sukkubus

From FB:

"Following on from our recent announcements of HIRUKO THE GOBLIN and THE LAUGHING WOMAN, the third limited edition Blu-ray premiere going on sale this October during our annual Halloween Sale is the weird 80s German "folk horror" film SUKKUBUS!

Full details, specs, and a trailer will be revealed in October ahead of the sale.

But for now here's the cover, featuring brand new art by Justin Coffee! (Which will of course be uncensored on the LE)

Pre-order begins Thursday, October 21st at 9 AM Pacific/12 Noon Eastern! Only at mondomacabro.bigcartel.com!"

Click image for larger version

Name:	242669580_5560008704092138_3735581548201722676_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	371734
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I remember this film being pretty fun. Pamela Prati is amazing.

Comment

Meh... Wrong Succubus.
      https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
        "folk horror"
        This, too, is folk horror.

Comment

Originally posted by Nabonga View Post
          Meh... Wrong Succubus.
          No such thing!
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Standard edition coming 2/8/22.

Click image for larger version

Name:	suk.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	405.2 KB
ID:	360925
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
              No such thing!
              Yes, such thing. :-) One of the best movies ever made still doesn't have a decent blu-ray release. That's just downright criminal.

Comment

Did that Succubus ever get a good DVD release? My copy is a very early DVD release and looks like it came from a tape.
                "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

If you mean the Jess Franco one, the Blue Underground dvd release looks really decent on my 43" UHD Tv. But I'd still love a blu-ray upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by Nabonga View Post
                    If you mean the Jess Franco one, the Blue Underground dvd release looks really decent on my 43" UHD Tv. But I'd still love a blu-ray upgrade.
                    I also really like the way the BU DVD of 'Succubus'/'Necronomicon' looks. I mean, I'm sure a blu-ray could be objectively much better, but somehow the film's super-grainy, totally blown out photography just looks completely rad via a slightly fuzzy, SD transfer.

I have a load of screengrabs from it in my folder of desktop wallpapers, and never get tired of looking at them.
                    https://breakfastintheruins.blogspot.com/
                    http://stereosanctity.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
                      Did that Succubus ever get a good DVD release? My copy is a very early DVD release and looks like it came from a tape.
                      That sounds like what i have, didn't realize there was a better release.

Comment

The Subkultur disc of Sukkubus is insane! Over 10 hours of outtakes including hundreds of shots of Pamela Prati in various states of nakedness! I don't know how they did it, but the encoding on the feature itself is fine. Some very mild compression artifacts on the outtakes if you're really looking for them, but I've seen far worse on some Severin discs or Netflix.
                        I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
                          The Subkultur disc of Sukkubus is insane! Over 10 hours of outtakes including hundreds of shots of Pamela Prati in various states of nakedness! I don't know how they did it, but the encoding on the feature itself is fine. Some very mild compression artifacts on the outtakes if you're really looking for them, but I've seen far worse on some Severin discs or Netflix.
                          You just cost me a lot of money. :)

Comment

The outtakes from the scene where she gets the milk squirted in her face are particularly fine!
                            I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
                              The outtakes from the scene where she gets the milk squirted in her face are particularly fine!
                              LOL. I can imagine. What made it into the film was gloriously over-the-top and unexpected. I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on this release.

Comment

Working...
                              X