Severin releasing THE FOURTH VICTIM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severin releasing THE FOURTH VICTIM

Great news, another excellent Carroll Baker giallo. This one's right up there with her Lenzi films imo.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FourthVictimBLU-400x472.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	371667

In this rarely-seen but always-surprising giallo - made between A QUIET PLACE TO KILL and KNIFE OF ICE - Golden Globe® winning/Academy Award® nominated Hollywood exile Carroll Baker (BABY DOLL, SOMETHING WILD) stars as the new bride of a wealthy British playboy (Oscar® nominee Michael Craig of THE ANGRY SILENCE and MYSTERIOUS ISLAND) whose three previous wives met with suspiciously accidental deaths. Marina Malfatti (ALL THE COLORS OF THE DARK) co-stars in this 1971 Italian/Spanish co-production directed by Eugenio Martí­n (HORROR EXPRESS) and co-written by Santiago Moncada (HATCHET FOR THE HONEYMOON) with a score by Piero Umiliani (FIVE DOLLS FOR AN AUGUST MOON) - also known as DEATH AT THE DEEP END OF THE SWIMMING POOL and THE LAST MRS. ANDERSON - now scanned in 2K from the original negative.

Special Features:

Eugenio Martí­n, Auteur: Interview With Eugenio Martí­n Biographer Carlos Aguilar
    Deleted Scene
    Trailer
    Disc Specs:

Aspect ratio: 2.35:1
    Audio: English Mono / Italian Mono
    Closed Caps
    Region A

Coming Sept. 28.

https://severin-films.com/shop/fourth-victim-blu/

Whoops, left out a "U" in the title.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

This is great news. I have never heard of this film before. Adrian Luther Smith calls the plot "tantalizingly absurd."

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
      Great news, another excellent Carroll Baker giallo. This one's right up there with her Lenzi films imo.
      Sold. Never have picked up any copy of this one.

Comment

unbelievable how many obscure gialli are making the jump to blu-ray right now!
        but still no hd-upgrade for stuff like black belly of the tarantula, the killer must kill again, death carries a cane, house with the laughing windows, in the folds of flesh ...

Comment

Ugh, why no subs for the Italian track? Oh well, still nice to have a decent copy of this, but this basically makes the Italian dub useless unless you speak it.

Comment

On the up side, the English dub is above average and it fits the setting. Fun little flick, solid 6/10. I think I may watch KNIFE OF ICE again, haven't watched the newish Blu yet.

Comment

Working...
            X