• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Krays (1990)

From Second Sight Twitter:

**Coming to Limited Edition Blu-ray soon**

I remember this one being decent

Comment

Charlie Kray (the older brother) used to have an interest in a pub and restaurant near to where I grew up. Allegedly two travellers tried to hold it up. They were found alive by the side of a dual carriageway minus kneecaps. Good food in there as I recall.
      I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Saw this at the Montreal Film Festival and liked it quite a lot.
        Whatever I have downloaded definitely needs upgrading.

Comment

It's a good film. The 'stunt' casting of the brothers Kemp works well, imo.
          'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
          'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Originally posted by Paul L View Post
            It's a good film. The 'stunt' casting of the brothers Kemp works well, imo.
            That's right...Spandau Ballet if I remember correctly.
            The casting is great, especially with the likes of Billie Whitelaw and Tom Bell.

Comment

I'm gonna have to watch it again, now.

Comment

Originally posted by Koukol View Post
                That's right...Spandau Ballet if I remember correctly.
                The casting is great, especially with the likes of Billie Whitelaw and Tom Bell.
                Absolutely. Cracking cast, all round.

Don't think I've seen this since the days of VHS, to be honest - so I may never have seen the uncut version of the film (the Chelsea/Glasgow smile sequence was cut on VHS and for the UK cinema release, IIRC).
                'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Pre-order up with extras listed.

https://secondsightfilms.co.uk/colle...12th-july-2021

From their humble East End beginnings, Ronnie and Reggie Kray became the most notorious figures in London's gangland underworld. From extortion to murder, their horrific brutality became legendary and throughout the 50s and 60s they ruled by fear, until life sentences in 1969 finally ended their bloody reign of terror.

Special Features
                  East End Medak: a new interview with Director Peter Medak
                  Burdis Meets The Krays: a new interview with Producer Ray Burdis
                  New audio interview with writer Philip Ridley
                  New audio commentary by film historian Scott Harrison
                  Archive audio commentary by Peter Medak, Gary Kemp and Martin Kemp
                  BFI 2015 Q&A with Gary Kemp, Martin Kemp, Kate Hardie, Peter Medak and Philip Ridley

Limited Edition Contents

Soft cover book with new essays by Andrew Graves, Neil Mitchell and Shelagh Rowan-Legg.
                  6 collectors' art cards
                  Catalogue number: 2NDBR4134
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul L View Post
                    Absolutely. Cracking cast, all round.

Don't think I've seen this since the days of VHS, to be honest - so I may never have seen the uncut version of the film (the Chelsea/Glasgow smile sequence was cut on VHS and for the UK cinema release, IIRC).
                    I don't believe I've seen this since the VHS days either, but remember really liking it. I think it's better than the Tom Hardy film, LEGEND (which wasn't bad, just pales in comparison imo).
                    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

I had this confused with the Tom Hardy film. Don't think I've seen this one.
                      "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

Comment

Working...
                        X