Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Years of Lead: Five Classic Italian Crime Thrillers 1973-1977 (BD)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Years of Lead: Five Classic Italian Crime Thrillers 1973-1977 (BD)

Coming to Blu-ray in June from Arrow Video! (5 films on 3 discs)

YEARS OF LEAD: FIVE CLASSIC ITALIAN CRIME THRILLERS 1973-1977 BLU-RAY
    LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS:

- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentations of all five films, restored from the original camera negatives, including a brand new 2K restoration of Colt 38 Special Squad exclusive to this release
    - Original lossless mono Italian audio
    - Original lossless mono English audio on Colt 38 Special Squad
    - English subtitles for the Italian soundtracks
    - Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtrack on Colt 38 Special Squad
    - New visual essay by critic Will Webb
    - Interview with director Vittorio Salerno and actress Martine Brochard on Savage Three
    - Interview with actor Joe Dallesandro on Savage Three
    - Interview with cinematographer Romano Albani and historian Fabio Melelli on Like Rabid Dogs
    - Interview with assistant director Claudio Bernabei on Like Rabid Dogs
    - Like Rabid Dogs music sampler
    - Interview and introduction by composer Stelvio Cipriani on Colt 38 Special Squad
    - Interview with editor Antonio Siciliano on Colt 38 Special Squad
    - Interview with historian Roberto Curti on Highway Racer
    - Interview with director Vittorio Salerno on No, the Case is Happily Resolved
    - No, the Case is Happily Resolved alternate ending
    - Trailers
    - Poster galleries
    - Reversible sleeves featuring original artwork for all five films
    - Booklet featuring new writing by Troy Howarth, Michael Mackenzie, Rachael Nisbet, Kat Ellinger and James Oliver”

SAVAGE THREE is a fucking classic.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

fuck yes! I already have fango bollente on blu-ray, but didn't buy any of the other ones when camera obscura released them a few years ago.
      if this sells out quickly, I hope arrow will finally stop the cock teasing and put out the 2 missing movies of di leos milieu-trilogy.

Comment

The only other one in the set that I've seen is LIKE RABID DOGS. I wasn't particularly impressed with it, but I only watched it once.
        Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Best film for me in this set is "No the case is happily resolved", but they are all good to excellent. I've decided to go for this set, despite owning most by Camera Obscura. I'd talked myself out of it for that reason, but I've a sneaky suspicion that once out of print I'd regret not buying it, so I have.

Comment

I've pre-ordered the fuck out of this, looks like an amazing set. Camera Obscura on the cheap!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
              SAVAGE THREE is a fucking classic.
              Quoted for truth.

I really like COME CANI ARRABBIATI. So much so, in fact, that I put together a little video essay about this film during the lockdown last year:

'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
              'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

I'll be getting this. Glad to see Arrow finally release something interesting again. There's been a long lull. But I'm not a fan of the cramming 2 movies on one disc thing. Why not make it 5 discs instead?
                https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

Originally posted by Nabonga View Post
                  I'll be getting this. Glad to see Arrow finally release something interesting again. There's been a long lull. But I'm not a fan of the cramming 2 movies on one disc thing. Why not make it 5 discs instead?
                  I assume it is because previous Italian crime movies haven't sold that great and it is an effort to reduce costs while keeping the same MSRP as if it were a 5 disc set.

As an aside, it seems the company that owns the UK retailer Zavvi has bought Arrow and Arrow's in-house authoring company The Engine House. It obviously is too early to tell what effect this is going to have on Arrow's releases, but, as history has shown, it probably isn't going to be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
                    I assume it is because previous Italian crime movies haven't sold that great and it is an effort to reduce costs while keeping the same MSRP as if it were a 5 disc set.

As an aside, it seems the company that owns the UK retailer Zavvi has bought Arrow and Arrow's in-house authoring company The Engine House. It obviously is too early to tell what effect this is going to have on Arrow's releases, but, as history has shown, it probably isn't going to be good.
                    I'd hate to see how much worse Arrow could get.

Comment

someone asked camera obscura if those are the same masters they created long ago and they basically confirmed that they licensed the transfers + all extras to arrow.

Comment

The UK version of Savage Three is going to be optically censored

Comment

Censored but not cut, riiiiiight...

Does that mean they're reframing, blurring or just full of shite? Personally it just looks like they covered a mouse in something sweet to make the others swarm over it, but I'm sure the BBFC know otherwise in their infinite wisdom.
                          I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
                            Censored but not cut, riiiiiight...

Does that mean they're reframing, blurring or just full of shite? Personally it just looks like they covered a mouse in something sweet to make the others swarm over it, but I'm sure the BBFC know otherwise in their infinite wisdom.
                            Well with A Private Collection: Oberhausen Cut (longer version of A Private Collection extra on the Immoral Tales BD) they left the soundtrack uncut but made the screen black for the duration (around 30 secs) of bestiality so I assume they'll probably do something similar in this case.

Comment

I assume (based on their wording) they'll optically reframe it like with Sister Street Fighter to avoid having to make any actual cuts.

Comment

Working...
                              X