Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mondo Macabro Releasing Jorge Grau's Hunting Ground

From FB:

"SURPRISE BLU-RAY ANNOUNCEMENT! Sometime in early 2021 we will be releasing Jorge Grau's notorious early 80s exploitation/thriller HUNTING GROUND aka COTO DE CAZA!

From Spanish film guru Ismael Ferní¡ndez's liner notes featured in the soon-forthcoming LE of BLOOD CEREMONY, also directed by Grau:

"The story tells of a female lawyer who finds her liberal convictions wavering when she comes under repeated threats from the vicious hoodlum who she defended in court in the past. The story that follows is a combination of DEATH WISH and STRAW DOGS that, in its gruesome final segment, ventures into the territory of films such as LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT."

We'll reveal more about this release once it gets closer to publication. For now here's the brand new cover art by Justin Coffee!

We also plan on revealing more of our early 2021 slate over the next couple of weeks. So hang tight! 2020 is almost over!"

Click image for larger version

Name:	hunt.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	371431
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

This sounds hyper derivative but interesting. I have a lot of time for Grau usually. Is it any good?
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

It's quite good. Really not much like the typical rape/revenge film, this one has strong characterization and isn't quite as sleazy - though there are some queasy moments. It's almost as much a look at coping with the loss of a loved one. The film is set around Christmas but it's not particularly emphasized. The sleaze factor does go nuclear at the climax. Very grim payoff to what has been a fairly tame film.
      I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

I second the recommendation. Love Grau's movies...
        VHS will never die!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
          The sleaze factor does go nuclear at the climax. Very grim payoff to what has been a fairly tame film.
          This.

It's my favourite of the three Grau films I've seen.
          Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Holy fuck! This is a great one. I know it under the title Code of the Hunt. Great fucking euro cult crime flick. Never been released legitimately anywhere in the world before, let alone on DVD.
            "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Definitely getting this at some point. I've never seen it.
              https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

From FB:

First up is the 80s Spanish exploitation/thriller marvel HUNTING GROUND aka COTO DE CAZA!

Adele, a female lawyer, played brilliantly by Assumpta Serna, passionately defends criminals, believing that everyone deserves a second chance and that criminality is more often than not bred by deprivation. In the courtroom a pair of local hoods see her in action and decide to follow her. They steal her car, find the keys to her country villa and decide to rob the place. Unfortunately Adele's family turn up at the villa mid-robbery, and her husband is killed. But that is only the beginning of the nightmare …

Directed by Jorge Grau who make the horror classics BLOOD CEREMONY and LET SLEEPING CORPSES LIE, HUNTING GROUND is an intense, gripping crime story that takes a savagely realistic look at the social dived between the rich and the poor in the big city. The climax of the film is unrelenting in its depiction of sexual violence and revenge and includes one of the most shocking sequences ever seen in a mainstream film.
                Mondo Macabro is proud to present this underseen Eurotrash classic in its first ever English friendly home video release and for the first time ever in HD.

DISC FEATURES

Region Free world Blu-ray premiere
                Brand New 4K restoration from film negative
                Spanish Language with optional English subtitles
                Archival interview with director Jorge Grau

LIMITED EDITION FEATURES

1200 numbered copies in the famous red case
                Reversible sleeve with brand new art by Justin Coffee on the A side and original Mexican VHS art on the B side
                20 page booklet with brand new writing on the film by Spanish film expert Ismael Fernandez

This release will go up for sale at 9 AM Pacific Time (google what time that is where you live) on Thursday March 11 at mondomacabro.bigcartel.com. A half an hour later at 9:30 AM Pacific it will go on sale at our main site, mondo-macabro.com.

We hope to be able to ship out the finished product in early to mid April.

Click image for larger version

Name:	152258117_1371283949881487_2784129814498649315_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	359527
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

This and HOWL OF THE DEVIL are now for sale at the Big Cartel site and in five mins at the MM site shop!

Comment

Hunting Ground LE sold out.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                      Hunting Ground LE sold out.
                      Wow, I'm glad I ordered it last night.

Comment

Anyone heard any updates about this?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
                          Anyone heard any updates about this?
                          Yes, I just got my shipping notification for Hunting Ground earlier today. Hopefully you'll receive your own shipping notification shortly!

Comment

Originally posted by FnordChan View Post
                            Yes, I just got my shipping notification for Hunting Ground earlier today. Hopefully you'll receive your own shipping notification shortly!
                            Awesome, thanks!

Comment

Ditto for my order getting shipped too.

Comment

Working...
                              X