Le Couteau sous la Gorge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Le Couteau sous la Gorge

I watched Claude Mulot's Sins of the Flesh (Mondo Macabro) last night and woke up this morning to find that Le Chat qui Fume has announced the pre-order of the blu-ray of Mulot's Le Couteau sous la Gorge (1986) starring Florence Guérin and Brigitte Lahaie (along with Francis Lemonnier from Sins of the Flesh), with English subtitles. The disc will also contain a HD version of Black Venus (1983). There is no indication whether Black Venus will be subtitled. The disc costs 30 euros (about $37) with shipping to USA and will be released mid-November.

https://lechatquifume.myshopify.com/...re-non-annonce
    mjeon
    Last edited by mjeon; 10-04-2020, 10:36 AM.

Excellent news. I think Mulot's filmography is well worth exploring, here's hoping we get more in the future.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

This sounds pretty great, I've ordered it.

Given Mondo Macabro's relationship with them, I wonder if Jared will put this out in the US?
      I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

"Given Mondo Macabro's relationship with them, I wonder if Jared will put this out in the US?"

I was wondering that as well, since Mondo Macabro issued "Sins of the Flesh" at almost the same time that Le Chat qui Fume did (under the title "Les Charnelles").

Comment

In Facebook, Mondo Macabro says it currently has no plans to release Le Couteau sous la Gorge.

Comment

Unexpected to see this released but nonetheless preordered instantly.

Really enjoyed this before. It's been awhile since though. Some memory is that it's sleazy french giallo, with atleast 1 murder that brings Tenebre to mind.

Comment

Mine showed up. I checked a few bits of Knife out, looks good. Both films are on the same disc, but I didn't notice any compression issues in those excerpts. As per some other Le Chat discs, there are no language or subtitle options on the menu, they have to be set during the film with the player menu. There are no English options on the two interviews.
              agent999
              Last edited by agent999; 10-29-2020, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Does Black Venus have English subtitles?
                mjeon
                Last edited by mjeon; 10-29-2020, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mjeon View Post
                  Does Black Venus have English subtitles?
                  There's an English language track but no subs.

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
                    Mine showed up. I checked a few bits of Knife out, looks good. Both films are on the same disc, but I didn't notice any compression issues in those excerpts. As per some other Le Chat discs, there are no language or subtitle options on the menu, they have to be set during the film with the player menu. There are no English options on the two interviews.
                    How on earth did you get this already. I ordered direct from Le chat qui fume and it's not even shipped yet. Not that I'm impatient, just surprised me.

Comment

Surprised me too. Had a shipping notification from them on Monday and it turned up today. I wasn't expecting anything until November.

Comment

Thanks for all of the information, agent999. My copy has shipped.

Comment

I was pleasantly surprised by Black Venus. It was made about 15 years too late, and almost certainly would have been directed by Franco back then. Plenty of female eye candy and a classical music greatest hits soundtrack. Obviously shot very soft and too bright, but overall this is a great double feature disc.

Comment

My disc arrived yesterday. I had only meant to check the picture quality, which is simply stunning, but the opening scene pulled me in. Time passed quickly. It's a very well done erotic thriller. If it were Italian, I'd be tempted to call it a giallo. Florence Guérin is amazing.
                            mjeon
                            Last edited by mjeon; 11-08-2020, 05:28 PM.

Comment

I'd be tempted to call in a giallo
                              Yeah it is always labelled as such, if indeed a French film can be called a Giallo. I think I'm watching this tonight.

Comment

Working...
                              X