-INCL. NEW ENGLISH SUBTITLE TRANSLATIONS
    AND 2 ½ HOURS OF BONUS FEATURES
    TRAILERS, DELETED SCENES
    BEHIND-THE-SCENES VIDEOS
    MARIAN DORA'S SHORT FILMS
    ARTWORKS, ESSAYS, MYTHS & LEGENDS
    REVISITING MELANCHOLIE DER ENGEL
    DOCUMENTARY FEATURE BY MAGNUS BLOMDAHL
    INCL. DELETED SCENES AND VIDEO INTRODUCTIONS BY MARIAN DORA & MAGNUS BLOMDAHL

Synopsis:

When he discovers he doesn't have long to live, a man reconnects with a friend to return to an old house that joins them by a dark secret. Along with three women and a mysterious old man, the group journeys into a horrifying abyss of debauchery and moral mayhem, leading to a fatal turn of events, during which the darkest human depths are revealed.

Not for the faint of heart, controversial filmmaker Marian Dora's 2nd feature showcases his unique style of unyielding closeness, uncompromising hardness and lyrical storytelling. The award-winning, internationally acclaimed film Melancholie der Engel (The Angels' Melancholia) is now available in the longer Director's Approved Extended Version.

“Poetic, radical, original, unwieldy and impossible to forget.” -Joachim Grewe

Specifications:

Melancholie der Engel - Directed by Marian Dora (GERMANY, 2009)

APPROX. 164 Mins. EXTENDED VERSION
    GERMAN LANGUAGE
    ENGLISH SUBTITLES
    DTS-HD 5.1 DTS-HD 2.0
    1080p HIGH DEFINITION 1.85:1

Bonus Features include:

Trailers
    Deleted Scenes
    Behind-The-Scenes
    Marian Dora's Short Films
    Erotik Fantasy
    Provokation
    An einem Morgen im Frí¼hling
    Artwork Slideshow
    Essays, Myths & Legends

Revisiting Melancholie der Engel - Directed by Magnus Blomdahl (SWEDEN, 2016)

APPROX. 60 Mins.
    ENGLISH LANGUAGE
    ENGLISH AND GERMAN SUBTITLES
    DTS-HD 2.0
    1080p HIGH DEFINITION 1.78:1

Bonus Features include:
    Video Introduction by Marian Dora
    Video Introduction by Magnus Blomdahl
    Deleted Scenes
    Introduction Notes by Magnus Blomdahl
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Ugh, just read a review of this. Is the animal abuse all real?

Comment

Originally posted by bgart13 View Post
      Ugh, just read a review of this. Is the animal abuse all real?
      At least some of it has to be, judging from the photos I've seen. It's hard to believe they did this in 2009. I'll be giving this a hard pass.

Here's a quote from a review I read (won't link it), it's from someone who liked the film and tries to justify the animal cruelty, frankly animal murder.

The poor cat? Well the best I can say is that they got it high first, hopefully, it didn't feel its passing too much, felt dying was just a bad trip. 😦

I hope this person lives in interesting times. And fuck this movie.
      Andrew Monroe
      Pallid Hands
      Last edited by Andrew Monroe; 05-27-2020, 07:53 PM.
      I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

If the abuse is real, that's fucking lame. I've seen some of Dora's films, they're pretty confrontational but often times they can be thought provoking, artistic and interesting. But there's no need for actual animal violence. I'll give older movies a pass because it was a different time but modern stuff, nah.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
          Here's a quote from a review I read (won't link it), it's from someone who liked the film and tries to justify the animal cruelty, frankly animal murder.

The poor cat? Well the best I can say is that they got it high first, hopefully, it didn't feel its passing too much, felt dying was just a bad trip. 😦

I hope this person lives in interesting times. And fuck this movie.
          God, that's grim.

Even without further investigation, I think this thread has 100% guaranteed that this movie will never be screened in my home.

Leaving personal ethics aside though, isn't this sort of conduct now clearly illegal in most first world countries? Assuming so, couldn't the film itself make for pretty compelling courtroom evidence..? As you say, I'm surprised they got away with it.
          https://breakfastintheruins.blogspot.com/
          http://stereosanctity.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
            If the abuse is real, that's fucking lame. I've seen some of Dora's films, they're pretty confrontational but often times they can be thought provoking, artistic and interesting. But there's no need for actual animal violence. I'll give older movies a pass because it was a different time but modern stuff, nah.
            Yes, I love Don't Play with Fire and Men Behind the Sun which have some nasty cat abuse, but in the digital effects era nobody should be doing this (not that they should have back then either). Depressingly this will be a selling point for some. Thank Christ Dark Force didn't release it...
            agent999
            Last edited by agent999; 05-28-2020, 12:23 PM.
            I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by BW Haggar View Post
              God, that's grim.

Even without further investigation, I think this thread has 100% guaranteed that this movie will never be screened in my home.

Leaving personal ethics aside though, isn't this sort of conduct now clearly illegal in most first world countries? Assuming so, couldn't the film itself make for pretty compelling courtroom evidence..? As you say, I'm surprised they got away with it.
              I think the movie takes place in the woods, so they probably didn't even tell anyone they were filming. I thought I read somewhere that some of the cast were mentally ill as well? This Dora guy seems like a genuine psycho.
              Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

I feel like you guys are overlooking the best biggest turn-off about this film: it was made in 2009.

Comment

I thought Dora's first film 'Cannibal' was pretentious amateurish garbage so there's no way in hell I'm ever exposing myself to this.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                    This Dora guy seems like a genuine psycho.
                    Relatively little is known about him, except that he is vegetarian and works as a physician for a living.

Comment

Probably wears a banana costume or a KFC bucket on his head, something like that.
                      I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Melancholie Der Edgelord
                        LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyslim142 View Post
                          Relatively little is known about him, except that he is vegetarian and works as a physician for a living.
                          That's unsettling!
                          Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

You can watch the shorter 2hr 38 min version here. NON-English (ie German but with foreign language subs) friendly but still. Think it has been on Youtube previously BUT with English subs.

fatboyslim142
                            Last edited by fatboyslim142; 05-31-2020, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X