SINS OF THE FLESH coming to Blu from Mondo Macabro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SINS OF THE FLESH coming to Blu from Mondo Macabro

Looks like the news of this one was not posted here the other day. So I'm doing it now!

At the same time as our SEVEN WOMEN FOR SATAN Blu, we'll be offering Claude (BLOOD ROSE, PUSSY TALK) Mulot's rarely seen SINS OF THE FLESH.

Benoí®t Landrieux, the idle and depraved son of a rich industrialist has two chance encounters on the same day that will change his life forever: Jean-Pierre, a young tearaway who is trying to steal his car, and Isabelle, 20 years old, whom he saves from being raped by her stepfather.

Benoí®t is a coward and a voyeur, who gets his kicks from watching other couples make out. He cajoles his two new companions to attempt what he has never dared do: rob the safe in his father's factory, seduce his stepmother to blackmail her for money and finally go so far as committing murder. Thus begins a wild ride that takes them to the very edge of madness.

Director Claude Mulot made this film under the pseudonym of Frederic Lansac - the name of a character from his previous horror hit The Blood Rose. Sins of the Flesh (French title: Les Charnelles) marks the start of his transition from softcore films to full on hard core which was confirmed by his next release, Pussy Talk - one of the most controversial French films of all time. But Sins of the Flesh also shows Mulot's background in horror cinema. He presents Benoí®t as a cunning and complex psychopath, a handsome young man who smiles and wears expensive clothing, while inside lurks a monster.

The film is a compelling and controversial journey into the dark side of the human mind with some riveting sequences that showcase Mulot as one of the most daring and individual French film makers of his age.

The film also features Jess Franco favorite Anne Libert (Erotic Rites of Frankenstein etc) and comes in a brand new 4k restoration with a host of original extra features.

SPECIAL FEATURES:
    Brand new 4k transfers from film negative, digitally restored;
    interview with Anne Libert;
    interview with Gerard Kikoine;
    interview with distributor Francis Mischkind;
    interview with assistant director Didier Philippe-Gerard;
    original trailer;
    alternative title sequence;
    optional newly created English subtitles;
    20 page booklet exclusive to this release;
    Mondo Macabro previews

The limited edition features a double-sided sleeve with stunning new art work by Justin Coffee on one side and, on the other, the original image used for the French VHS release of the film back in the 1980s, where it had the title: NEVRO. The art for this side was done by the legendary Melki, who has created iconic, eye catching designs for a host of video releases, cinema posters and magazine covers from the 1980s until today.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Charnelles_red_sideA2.png
Views:	1
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	370224Click image for larger version

Name:	Charnelles_red_sideB2.png
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	370225

NSFW teaser - https://vimeo.com/421263916

Originally posted by Jared A. View Post
    interview with Anne Libert
    Wow, I never expected this! I'm a fan of her. I don't know the film, but this alone makes me buy this!

Sounds like a great release overall!

Comment

"interview with Anne Libert" That should be great!

Comment

The limited edition of this Blu goes on sale this Friday at 9 AM pacific/12 noon eastern. Store listing: https://mondomacabro.bigcartel.com/p...d-case-edition

Comment

Anne Libert? Directed by the fella behind Pussy Talk? I'm sold.

Comment

Standard edition coming in November.

Click image for larger version

Name:	9bceffc9-d513-407c-8825-8d914e78fb4f.jpg
Size:	199.9 KB
ID:	358838
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Standard edition pushed back a bit to 12/8/20.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
              X