• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seven Women for Satan (Mondo Macabro)

C&P'd from Blu-Ray forum: SEVEN WOMEN FOR SATAN

“a wild psychedelic nightmare of love, lust and damnation”

France 1974
    Directed by Michel Lemoine
    Starring: Michel Lemoine, Howard Vernon, Joelle Coeur, Natalie Zeiger, Martine Azencot
    85 minutes. English/French audio options. Optional English subtitles

By day a mild mannered businessman, in his dreams Boris Zaroff chases naked females on his country estate, just like his notorious father.

One weekend a young couple arrive by chances at Boris's castle. Their car has broken down and Boris invites them to stay the night. The young girl is fascinated by tales of the wicked Zaroffs and asks if she can see their famous torture chamber.

Maybe now the Zaroff dreams can become reality once more?

A stylish and erotic horror film that was banned in France in the 1970s.

Mondo Macabro was the first company to resurrect this film in 2003 with their DVD release of the theatrical version. Now finally on Blu-ray, and in collaboration with France's Le Chat qui fume video label, it's possible finally to see this rare Gallic horror film in something like its intended form. Alongside the theatrical release the disc includes over 30 minutes of trailers and alternate and deleted scenes, including the mythical “seventh victim” sequence. Most of this footage has not been seen for 45 years and is quite a revelation.

The disc has a wonderful and eye opening interview with Robert de Laroche who plays “Francis” the moustachioed visitor who, along with his girlfriend Muriel, ends up as a victim in the Zaroff's torture chamber.

Other extras include an archive interview with the late Michel Lemoine who talks about his life and career in the world of Euro exploitation movies.

A 20 page illustrated booklet gives background information and production details about this unique “film fantastique”.

And the package is rounded off by not one but TWO brand new sleeves from the insanely talented Justin Coffee.

NSFW teaser! https://vimeo.com/421265980

Will go on sale late next month at the bbig cartel site.

Love this goofy movie! Guaranteed purchase.
    https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

This movie is so boring.
      Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

I am the world's biggest fan of this film.

Now finally on Blu-ray, and in collaboration with France's Le Chat qui fume video label, it's possible finally to see this rare Gallic horror film in something like its intended form.
        This makes it sound like this is a different version to the the DVD?
        Last edited by Dom D; 05-24-2020, 04:32 PM.
        "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
          I am the world's biggest fan of this film.
          Hmm.... I might challenge you for that title. I really like it too.

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
          This makes it sound like this is a different version to the the DVD?
          I would also like to know more about this. Jared?
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I am fairly certain there will be two cuts on our Blu.

The one you're familiar with and a new composite that Pete has put together using footage that was recently discovered.

At least 30 minutes of 'deleted' scenes were discovered by our production partners La Chat Qui Fume. Some didn't have sound. Some did.

I believe the plan is to integrate those newly discovered scenes that have sound into the film, and have both cuts then available to watch via seamless branching.

At least that's what was described to me. Something may change between now and the production of the actual disc.

The scenes without a soundtrack will be included as a separate "deleted scenes" extra feature.

Comment

Awesome, thank you for the update.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Le Chat aren't helping, they've just published their specs on Facebook:

1974 - 1h25 - France - Version intégrale

So that just sounds like the old DVD runtime on their version.

• 1974-1 pm - France - Full version
                • 1 UHD-1 BLURAY
                • French and English in SDRs 2.0
                • French, English, German and Italian subtitles
                • All areas

• Interview with Michel Lemoine (41 mins)
                • Audio comment by Robert de Laroche
                • Interview with actor Robert de Laroche (58 mins)
                • 4 new scenes (18 mins 40)
                • Shooting falls (7 mins 40)
                • Assembly falls (2 min 30)
                • Paris cinema bis (21 mins)
                • Short film Travel of Robert de Laroche (25 mins)
                • Short film by Robert de Laroche (13 mn 45)
                • Movie Announcement
                agent999
                Last edited by agent999; 05-25-2020, 01:54 PM.
                I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Would be great if the longer cut of MYSTICS IN BALI could follow suit.

Comment

I've watched the Mondo disk a couple of times, but i can't find the seventh woman! It's just 6 women for Satan. maybe i was too sleepy or..something.
                    Out here on the perimeter we is stoned...immaculate

Comment

I wish Mondo Macabro would dip further into the french stuff, like:

La Main Noire (Janine Reynaud is SO awesome in that movie), Dany La Ravageuse (Fun sex comedy nonsense with ridiculously cute Sandra Julien), Je Suis Une Nymphomane, Je Suis Frigide... Pourquoi?,
                      Les Chiennes, Les Félines, Frustration.
                      Nabonga
                      Last edited by Nabonga; 05-25-2020, 04:45 PM.
                      https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

Originally posted by Nabonga View Post
                        I wish Mondo Macabro would dip further into the french stuff, like:

La Main Noire (Janine Reynaud is SO awesome in that movie), Dany La Ravageuse (Fun sex comedy nonsense with ridiculously cute Sandra Julien), Je Suis Une Nymphomane, Je Suis Frigide... Pourquoi?,
                        Les Chiennes, Les Félines, Frustration.
                        Yes, all very interesting titles. I have most of these on DVD in French, but upgrades with English dubs/subs would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Nabonga View Post
                          Frustration.
                          !!!
                          LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

Originally posted by Jared A. View Post
                            At least 30 minutes of 'deleted' scenes were discovered by our production partners La Chat Qui Fume. Some didn't have sound. Some did.

I believe the plan is to integrate those newly discovered scenes that have sound into the film, and have both cuts then available to watch via seamless branching.
                            Is there any reason to think they belong in the film? When you say these scenes go back in because they have audio and these scenes don't belong because they don't it makes it sound pretty random rather than reconstructing the film to its original vision. if a distributor came along and put the deleted scenes back into one of my films I'd be unhappy.
                            Last edited by Dom D; 05-28-2020, 05:39 PM.
                            "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Even if Mondo doesn't include the theatrical(?) cut, they already offer that on DVD...

Comment

Working...
                              X