Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Complete Lenzi/Baker Giallo Collection Box Set from Severin

The Complete Lenzi/Baker Giallo Collection

PLEASE NOTE: THE FIRST 1000 STORE ORDERS (INCLUDING THE LENZI/BAKER BUNDLE) WILL INCLUDE AN EXCLUSIVE SET OF 4 POSTCARDS FEATURING INDIVIDUAL COVER ART OF EVERY TITLE.

Italian writer/director Umberto Lenzi helmed popular peplums, created extreme poliziotteschi, and invented the Italian cannibal phenomenon. Hollywood actress Carroll Baker was the Golden Globe® winning/Academy Award® nominated star of BABY DOLL, GIANT and THE CARPETBAGGERS. Together in the late '60s/early '70s, they made four landmark films that changed the erotic thriller and giallo genres forever. For the first time, experience the complete Lenzi/Baker collaboration on six discs featuring restored uncensored versions, alternate edits, remastered soundtracks, exclusive Special Features and more.

ORGASMO (1969): In their first startling collaboration, Carroll Baker stars as an American widow who arrives at her late husband's luxurious Italian estate and surrenders to an orgy of ménages í  trois, madness, and murder. Writer/director Umberto Lenzi boldly fills the screen with bourgeois depravity, daring sexuality and unnerving twists for the worldwide hit At The Mountain Of Madness calls “so odd, disturbing and well-made, with that delirious giallo feel that's like a drug.” Lou Castel (A BULLET FOR THE GENERAL), Colette Descombes (MONIKA) and Tino Carraro (THE CAT O' NINE TAILS) co-star in this landmark psychosexual thriller - released in the U.S. with extra nudity as PARANOIA and also included here - now scanned from the internegative of Lenzi's Director's Cut for the first time on Blu-ray.

Disc Specs for Orgasmo:

Aspect ratio: 2.35:1
    Audio: Italian mono on Italian cut, English mono on English cut
    Subtitles: Subtitles for Italian audio / SDH for English audio
    Region A

Special Features for Orgasmo:

Director's Cut
    Audio Commentary with Film Critic, Author & Academic Alexandra Heller-Nicholas
    US X Rated Version + SDH subtitles
    Audio Commentary with Mondo-Digital's Nathaniel Thompson & Troy Howarth, Author of 'So Deadly So Perverse: 50 Years Of Italian Giallo Films'
    Giallo Fever: Interview with Director Umberto Lenzi
    US Trailer
    BONUS CD SOUNDTRACK: Orgasmo Remastered Soundtrack

SO SWEET… SO PERVERSE (1969): Following the international success of ORGASMO, the second Umberto Lenzi/Carroll Baker collaboration is a kinky retelling of DIABOLIQUE featuring lush Paris locations, trippy flashbacks, a swinging score by Riz Ortolani (MONDO CANE, CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST) and an all-star EuroCult cast that includes Jean-Louis Trintignant (THE GREAT SILENCE, THE CONFORMIST), Erika Blanc (KILL, BABY…KILL!), Horst Frank (THE CAT O' NINE TAILS) and Helga Liné (NIGHTMARE CASTLE). Executive produced by Sergio Martino (THE STRANGE VICE OF MRS. WARDH) from a screenplay by Ernesto Gastaldi (ALL THE COLORS OF THE DARK), this “full-blown classic giallo and one of Lenzi's best” (B-Mania) is now fully restored in a new 2k scan from the original negative.

Disc Specs for So Sweet… So Perverse:

Audio: Italian mono DTS, English mono DTS
    Region FREE

Special Features for So Sweet… So Perverse:

Audio Commentary with Kat Ellinger, Author of 'All The Colors Of Sergio Martino'
    Lenzi's Lenses: Backstage Chat with the Director at The 1999 Nocturno Film Festival
    Equilateral Triangle: Screenwriter Ernesto Gastaldi on Lenzi
    Trailers
    Alternate Credit Sequence
    BONUS CD: So Sweet… So Perverse & A Quiet Place To Kill Remastered Soundtracks Plus Bonus Track: Knife Of Ice (Main Title Theme)

A QUIET PLACE TO KILL (1970): In her third collaboration with director Umberto Lenzi, Carroll Baker stars as a glamorous racecar driver entangled in a lurid affair with her ex-husband (Jean Sorel of BELLE DU JOUR and A LIZARD IN A WOMAN'S SKIN), his wealthy new wife, and a twisted web of lust, murder and deception. Luis Dí¡vila (EAGLES OVER LONDON) co-stars in this 1970 Italian/French/Spanish co-production - released in Italy as PARANOIA, though not to be confused with the 1969 U.S. re-title of ORGASMO - featuring a taut screenplay co-written by Bruno Di Geronimo (WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO SOLANGE?) and Marcello Coscia (LET SLEEPING CORPSES LIE), plus edgy cinematography by Guglielmo Mancori (WILD BEASTS) with Aristide Massaccesi/Joe D'Amato (ANTHROPOPHAGUS), now scanned from the original camera negative for the first time ever in America.

Disc Specs for A Quiet Place to Kill:

Region FREE

Special Features for A Quiet Place to Kill:

Audio Commentary with Author & Critic Samm Deighan
    Sex and Conspiracy: Interview with Director Umberto Lenzi
    Alternate Clothed Scene
    Short Deleted Scene

KNIFE OF ICE (1972): From its opening Edgar Allen Poe quote to the insane climactic twist, this fourth and final collaboration between co-writer/director Umberto Lenzi and Golden Globe winner/Academy Award® nominee Carroll Baker is “something quite unique” (Gore Girl), with Baker as a traumatized mute being stalked through the Spanish countryside by a black-gloved sex maniac who may be a member of a Satanic cult. Evelyn Stewart (THE SWEET BODY OF DEBORAH), Eduardo Fajardo (NIGHTMARE CITY), George Rigaud (HORROR EXPRESS, EYEBALL) and Silvia Monelli (YESTERDAY, TODAY & TOMORROW) co-star in this “offbeat and fascinating giallo thriller” (All Movie), now scanned in 2K from the original negative with all-new Special Features.

Disc Specs for Knife of Ice:

Region A

Special Features for Knife of Ice:

Carroll and Umberto's Final Stab: Interview with Stephen Thrower, Author of 'Nightmare USA'
    Until the Silence Screams: Interview with Director Umberto Lenzi
    Trailer

Here's the promo trailer.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Fuck! I wasn't gonna buy any more movies for a while. Ordered!
      https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

Welp fuck, I think I'm going to finally get a Blu-ray player.
        "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

These are all solid too. Knife Of Ice is probably the worst but still really solid. Definitely worth the money.

Comment

Dammit, not great timing for me. Gonna have to make a quick decision if I can swing this right now or not.

How do these rate compared to AN IDEAL PLACE TO KILL?

Comment

I haven't seen An Ideal Place To Kill but these are super solid giallos. I seriously doubt you'll regret it.

Comment

I personally would rate all of them as better than AN IDEAL PLACE TO KILL except for KNIFE OF ICE (and it's certainly fairly good).
                I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Thanks, guys. I liked AN IDEAL PLACE TO KILL, but I would consider it to be less giallo and more straight ahead thriller/drama. This is killing me... :think:

Edit: I see it's actually cheaper to pre-order from Diabolik. Weird.

Comment

fuck yes! good time for gialli on blu-ray right now.

some good ones are still missing though: the killer must kill again, black belly of the tarantula, the case of the bloody iris, my dear killer, autopsy, death carries a cane, house with the laughing windows ...

Comment

I know Jared @ MM has said they don't have the rights currently for KILLER MUST KILL AGAIN, but he's also surprised no one has snatched up the rights since theirs expired.

Comment

strange, pretty essential giallo for me. creepy performance by antoine saint-john, cozzi mimicking argento, hilton plays the bad guy for once, cristina galbí³ and femi benussi getting nude ... what's not to like?

Comment

Originally posted by killer must kill again View Post
                          strange, pretty essential giallo for me. creepy performance by antoine saint-john, cozzi mimicking argento, hilton plays the bad guy for once, cristina galbí³ and femi benussi getting nude ... what's not to like?
                          Yeah, and the DVD looks fine. I'd rather have stuff that hasn't been released than constantly having to upgrade titles I already have on DVD.
                          Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Well I spoke too soon. Exterminator came by for the yearly termite treatments. Dammit. Oh well. If this don't sell out maybe I can get it when it streets.
                            "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

Severin has announced that copies of the set ordered from their website will come with a reproduction of the So Sweet, So Perverse photo comic.

https://severin-films.com/shop/lenzi-baker-bundle/
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                              X