Vinegar Syndrome's Forgotten Gialli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vinegar Syndrome's Forgotten Gialli

VS announced the first Forgotten Gialli box set (due out in April)
    We are thrilled to finally announce our first (of several) collections of rare Italian and Spanish gialli. Forgotten Gialli: Volume 1 will feature three never available in the US titles and will be released in April. Pre-orders will be available soon.

Javier Aguirre's Euro-sleaze-star-studded adaptation of And Then There Were None, THE KILLER IS ONE OF 13, Leí³n Klimovsky's giallo/proto-slasher hybrid, TRAUMA, and Helia Colombo's supremely weird THE POLICE ARE BLUNDERING IN THE DARK.

All three of these nearly impossible to see films will be presented in brand new, 2K restorations from their original negatives.

I was reading about this earlier. Great to have the titles announced. I've seen THE POLICE ARE BLUNDERING IN THE DARK, some sleazy murders and a very off-kilter atmosphere make this worth seeing. It's no lost classic but it sort of has a cut-rate Polselli vibe. THE KILLER IS ONE OF THIRTEEN is slow to get going but does finally have some fairly brutal killings. Haven't seen Klimovsky's TRAUMA. The lone review at IMDb says it's his sleaziest horror film.

I certainly never expected to see any of these get this kind of loving care. I'll be buying this for sure, gotta support VS for releasing these.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
      Haven't seen Klimovsky's TRAUMA. The lone review at IMDb says it's his sleaziest horror film.
      What title is it under on imdb?
      Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
        What title is it under on imdb?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076885/

There are actually a few reviews, I missed the others first pass.
        Andrew Monroe
        Pallid Hands
        Last edited by Andrew Monroe; 03-04-2020, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Preorder is up - $49.99.

https://vinegarsyndrome.com/products...31374036434986

Comment

geez, best news ever! sure they are not the best gialli ever (don't know, haven't seen them yet) but they have tits, blood and black gloves + a boxset featuring 3 spanish gialli never before in HD?!
            c'mon ... every r!s!p! member should at least buy 2 copies! :gory:

Comment

^^This will be the first time in years I'll pre-order instead on stocking up during their big sales. Keep the Gialli coming VS.

Comment

Watched TRAUMA tonight, it's pretty tough sledding to be honest. Slow as hell and completely bland and unlikable characters. On the plus side the murders are fairly gory (the f/x are pretty budget-starved though). I really wonder if Klimovsky directed this, it doesn't have the look or feel of any of his other films I've seen. On the plus side, the film looks awesome, really impressive restoration. And there's a truly strange looking Siamese cat in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
                  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076885/

There are actually a few reviews, I missed the others first pass.
                  Anyone know why the specs etc for films on IMDB have now moved under the review?

Comment

Humanoid of Flesh's review, whom I know, is to be trusted. I like the film a lot, too.
                    Definitely getting this box, if only for this.

"Keep My Grave Open".
                    HumanoidOfFlesh30 December 2010
                    An accomplished writer arrives to a guesthouse near the lake in the middle of nowhere.Its owner is a young and obviously troubled woman.During the night a sexually active couple is slashed to death by a mysterious black-gloved killer.More savage murders follow.Who is behind them?"Trauma" by Leon Klimovsky reminded me a little bit S.F Brownrigg's underrated "Keep My Grave Open".All the killings via razor are vicious and bloody.There is plenty of sex and nudity-in fact "Trauma" is perhaps the sleaziest horror film made by Leon Klimovsky.The plot offers some genuine suspense and a bit of perversion and nasty misogyny.I enjoyed this rare and utterly forgotten slasher/giallo.8 razors out of 10.

Comment

anybody noticed subtitle errors on VS's release of my dear killer? some of the translations seemed a little bit off and the guy played by salvo randone is called marí² but the subs always translated him as marň throughout the whole movie, which was pretty annoying. I wanted to switch to the english dub but couldn't, because only the version in the bonus features sourced from tape features the english dub....

Comment

Yeah, watched this last night and unfortunately, the subs are frequently very poorly translated; at times, it seemed as though they'd been fed through a random word generator. Pity, as it's a good giallo.

Comment

yeah, too bad. my dear killer was the main reason for me to buy this set tbh. I wonder if they're doing replacements(?!) imho it's a major flaw. especially when you CAN'T watch this with the english dub as an alternative!

I checked the usual sites and it seems nobody noticed it yet. maybe to busy putting it shrinkwrapped in their shelves.
                          killer must kill again
                          Last edited by killer must kill again; 01-19-2021, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by killer must kill again View Post
                            my dear killer was the main reason for me to buy this set tbh.
                            Same here. I was going to watch it at the weekend, but put on Girl in Room 2A instead. That one's still as shoddy as fuck but I really enjoyed it this time round for some reason.
                            I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

girl in room 2a is one of the few gialli I sold off after my initial viewing. liked it more this time and almost forgot why I hated it so much the first time around. but jeez...the final act, when the main dude crams his bodybuilder buddies into a tiny vw beetle, drives off to the mansion and beats the shit out of the bad guys (accompanied by inappropriate, upbeat jazz music!) ... I don't know.. it almost felt like one of those benny hill closing-chase scenes.
                              killer must kill again
                              Last edited by killer must kill again; 01-19-2021, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X