FilmArt Releasing Brigade des Moeurs/Brigade of Death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jack J View Post
    I haven't checked if the German vhs version is, but the two French versions certainly are, yes.

EDIT: No subs on the German vhs version.

I got my copy here (it says it's not in stock, but it only took them a day to get it when I placed the order. I see they don't stock it at D&T either):
    https://www.beyondmedia.at/todes-bri...vd-bluray.html
    Thanks. Is this, on UK Amazon (via link below), the same version?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Todes-Briga...2&s=dvd&sr=1-1

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyslim142 View Post
      Thanks. Is this, on UK Amazon (via link below), the same version?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Todes-Briga...2&s=dvd&sr=1-1
      There's absolutely no info on that page, but the cover is exactly the same as mine - and the only bluray so far is the German one - so unless someone knocked out a bootleg right away I would say it's the same, yes.
      2019: The only blog to survive the nuclear holocaust

Comment

Originally posted by Jack J View Post
        There's absolutely no info on that page, but the cover is exactly the same as mine - and the only bluray so far is the German one - so unless someone knocked out a bootleg right away I would say it's the same, yes.
        Thanks. What colour is the BD case that came with the copy you have?

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyslim142 View Post
          Thanks. What colour is the BD case that came with the copy you have?
          Blue. Also, it's a dvd/bluray combo.

Comment

I did notice that some of their advertising pix have the case in grey/black. I don't know if they did actually put out some copies in that colour. I see the blue one is also listed at Diabolikdvd.
            https://www.diabolikdvd.com/product/...ay-all-region/

Comment

I tried to watch this last night, but I was too baked and I couldn't follow the plot. I had to shut it off after 45 minutes when I realized that I didn't know who any of the characters were or what the hell was going on. I'll try it again another day.
              Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Blah. Diabolik sold out of this before I could get a copy.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                  I tried to watch this last night, but I was too baked and I couldn't follow the plot. I had to shut it off after 45 minutes when I realized that I didn't know who any of the characters were or what the hell was going on. I'll try it again another day.
                  Diabolik got it back in stock and I watched it last night, completely sober having not had anything but water all day and I still had a bit of trouble sorting out the characters in the first half hour or so of the movie. It gets easier to follow after that. Fun seeing Ms. Lahaie show up in a small role. The movie is pretty sleazy and it gets darker than I thought it would at times. I figured this would be more over the top and cartoonish than it was. Still, it's a pretty solid watch and the ending is fucking awesome.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Franco alumna Muriel Montossé is also in it. I thought it was great, especially the ending, as Ian points out. Pecas put his marker down in the beginning in the morgue scene with the three naked shotgunned "shemales." He could hardly pull his camera away from them.

Comment

holy f*ck! this was something else. extremely vile and dark! if you think italian cop flicks are misogynistic try talking to the crazy, queer berserker who is the main villain of this movie. maurizio merli would have gone straight to therapy after that mission.

I agree about the beginning with the dead shemales and the crazy ending... absolutely jaw-dropping!

highly recommended!

Comment

Bought this based on comments in another thread here and it's one of my favorite purchases this year, had it not been mentioned I would have easily passed on it if I even noticed it at all.

Comment

Le Chat Qui Fume announced this for Blu-ray/UHD release soon.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I wonder if they'll include the lousy video tape inserts on the UHD?
                            I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

From Facebook:

It's been revealed elsewhere on FB that we are partnering with our friends at La Chat Qui Fume to bring this ultra sleazy bit of French exploitation to Blu-ray later this year. We can confirm that we are indeed working on it!

But a few things - we are NOT doing this on 4K UHD, sorry. We do have plans for that format but this is not the film for us to experiment with it. We understand that La Chat ARE doing it, but the economics of how they do releases is quite a bit different to how it works for us.

Also, our release will be the only English friendly one.

Expect this out late 2021 or early 2022.

This should better the German Filmart release by a country mile.
                              fatboyslim142
                              Last edited by fatboyslim142; 03-17-2021, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X