Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daughters of Darkness (Blue Underground)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daughters of Darkness (Blue Underground)

From Facebook:

We just got our first look at the new 4K restoration of DAUGHTERS OF DARKNESS and it's absolutely stunning! Scanned from the recently discovered original camera negative, with sumptuous color grading supervised and approved by Director Harry Kí¼mel. All prior transfers were from 35mm prints, so this one is a truly significant upgrade. More news soon...

BU tweeted the cover for Daughters of Darkness

Comment

I love this movie that but that cover isn't good.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
        BU tweeted the cover for Daughters of Darkness
        Pity Synapse didn't do The Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue as UHD release like this instead of basically doing what they did with Suspiria.

Comment

They should have kept that incredible poster art from the Blu Ray. This is not quite as bad as the original Anchor Bay DVD cover. Most early AB covers were pitiful.
          I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
            I love this movie that but that cover isn't good.
            I don't mind the main art but what's with that top part, makes it look like a Batman spinoff

Comment

Originally posted by Lalala76 View Post
              I don't mind the main art but what's with that top part, makes it look like a Batman spinoff
              Now that would make Batman more interesting.

Comment

Do 4k uhds look THAT much better than blu ray? I've never seen true 4k, I only have a 1080p TV. I suspect its neglible. I'm not planning on upgrading any blu rays to 4k, even Zombie, one of my faves. I just think I will be disappointed with shelling out AGAIN for like a 10% improvement. Honest opinions?

(I plan on getting Daughters of Darkness, since it's a new 4k scan from neg, but I'm talking more generally. Will a 4k scan from neg on uhd look that much better than the same on blu?)
                Bogart
                Last edited by Bogart; 06-12-2020, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogart View Post
                  Do 4k uhds look THAT much better than blu ray? I've never seen true 4k, I only have a 1080p TV. I suspect its neglible. I'm not planning on upgrading any blu rays to 4k, even Zombie, one of my faves. I just think I will be disappointed with shelling out AGAIN for like a 10% improvement. Honest opinions?
                  I'd say it's 50/50. Some discs look great with more detail and better colours, some look no different or even worse to me. I've learned to ignore most of the reviews at BR.com. Either they have great eyes or they're full of shit. Recently I got Jaws, it has more authentic grain, but negligible up-tick in detail. Conversely, Alien is great eye candy due to the minute detail in the sets. There's not much in the way of old low budget movies, so it's hard to say how this will fare. The UHD of The Blood Rose looks better than the Blu Ray included with it but I can't think of much else to compare to Daughters on the format.
                  I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogart View Post

(I plan on getting Daughters of Darkness, since it's a new 4k scan from neg, but I'm talking more generally. Will a 4k scan from neg on uhd look that much better than the same on blu?)
                    I don't have a 4k set up myself, but I have seen it and it looks really nice from what I have seen of it. I don't plan on upgrading to 4k though. I was curious about what 4k owners will do if 8k tvs become popular and 8k blu rays become a reality.

Comment

Yes I don't think I'm fussy enough about pq to appreciate 4k. That and the cost. Also age means I've lost my younger selves frivolity with money.

Comment

"We've got the final release details for DAUGHTERS OF DARKNESS, coming to Limited Edition 4K UHD/Blu-ray/CD (and separate DVD) on October 27th!50th Anniversary Limited Edition! New 4K Restoration!

International screen icon Delphine Seyrig (LAST YEAR AT MARIENBAD) stars as Elizabeth Bathory, an ageless Countess with a beautiful young 'companion' (Goth goddess Andrea Rau) and a legendary legacy of perversion. But when the two women seduce a troubled newlywed couple (Canadian beauty Danielle Ouimet and John Karlen of DARK SHADOWS and CAGNEY & LACEY), they unleash a frenzy of sudden violence and depraved desire that shocked both art house audiences and grindhouse crowds worldwide.

Co-written and directed by Harry Kí¼mel, DAUGHTERS OF DARKNESS remains one of the most exquisitely mesmerizing adult horror films ever made. Blue Underground is now proud to present the uncensored Director's Cut of this classic psychosexual shocker in a gorgeous restoration, scanned in 4K 16-bit from its long-lost original 35mm camera negative, with Dolby Vision HDR and a new Dolby Atmos audio mix, packed with revealing Extras!

Extras:
                        • Audio Commentary #1 with Co-Writer/Director Harry Kí¼mel
                        • Audio Commentary #2 with Star John Karlen and Journalist David Del Valle
                        • NEW! Audio Commentary #3 with Kat Ellinger, Author of Devil's Advocates: Daughters of Darkness
                        • Locations of Darkness - Interviews with Co-Writer/Director Harry Kí¼mel and Co-Writer/Co-Producer Pierre Drouot
                        • Playing the Victim - Interview with Star Danielle Ouimet
                        • Daughter of Darkness - Interview with Star Andrea Rau
                        • NEW! Theatrical Trailers
                        • Radio Spots
                        • NEW! Alternate U.S. Main Titles
                        • NEW! Poster & Still Gallery
                        • BONUS! DAUGHTERS OF DARKNESS Original Motion Picture Soundtrack CD by Franí§ois de Roubaix
                        • BONUS! Collectible Booklet with new essay by Michael Gingold
                        • Audio: English (Dolby Atmos, 5.1 DTS-HD, 1.0 DTS-HD); French (1.0 DTS-HD)
                        • Subtitles: English SDH, Franí§ais, Espaí±ol, English for French Audio
                        • Region Free
                        • Limited Edition Lenticular Slipcover on First Pressing Only!
                        • WORLD PREMIERE! New 4K Restoration from the long-lost original 35mm camera negative, supervised and approved by Director Harry Kí¼mel

Pre-Orders coming soon..."
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I'm quite happy with my Blue Underground DVD, but the though of seeing the delectable Andrea Rau in 4K is mighty tempting...Click image for larger version

Name:	rau.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	358640

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	109591814_3160430407356735_5967765716983730323_o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	161.4 KB
ID:	358645
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]25331[/ATTACH]
                              I think there is also a seperate DVD release of this upcoming release.

Comment

Working...
                              X