Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Torture Chamber Of Dr. Sadism

Source.

"Coming on Blu-ray in 2020 with a new 4K restauration.Label: moviemax / M-Square Classics | UCM.ONE
    As i know, the release will be english friendly."

Rock! Shock! Pop!

this has a cover and release date now!

2 versions

deluxe mediabook edition with blu-ray, dvd, bonus-features dvd, soundtrack and booklet - 23.10.2020

regular mediabook just blu-ray, dvd and booklet - 27.11.2020

Comment

I love this film, but not so sure about international shipping (or in the US for that matter) right now.
      "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

So this thing is damned expensive. Thankfully Diabolik DVD says that a standard edition is in the works.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Will they get the deluxe version though? Amazon won't ship it to the US.

Comment

Grooves Inc. has both editions listed on their site and yeah — the LE is damn expensive. I'm hesitant to get it, wondering if Severin will release it here.

Comment

I sprung for the regular mediabook; the limited edition would cost a fortune to import to the UK. Had a quick look at my EMS dvd in anticipation and, wow, it really will be a massive upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by bgart13 View Post
                Grooves Inc. has both editions listed on their site and yeah — the LE is damn expensive. I'm hesitant to get it, wondering if Severin will release it here.
                Ordered the fancy version from Grooves. My first order with them--REALLY hoping I manage to get a copy. Diabolik said that they would be getting the LE, but didn't know how many they'd be able to get. Didn't feel like rolling those dice, as I am really bad at snatching these things that are only up to order for a few minutes.

Comment

Looks like there was an aspect ratio issue on the deluxe German release, that they did a replacement program to correct it... and that the corrected discs were pressed using the same incorrect master.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread...=324337&page=4

Oops.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Jeez.

I assume Severin will be releasing this with the soundtrack soon, for a fraction of what I paid. They'll probably use the fucked master as well.

Comment

I've seen the crappy version in the Severin Hemisphere box set, but I don't like it enough to upgrade.

Just amazed by the number of discs that hit the shelves these days with qc issues. It must cost a small fortune to reissue them (unless you just say tough shit like Code Red and Dark Force), surely a better investment would be more rigorous qc checking. Using the wrong aspect ratio shouldn't be too hard to spot at stage one. How Eureka missed that subtitle error on Bride with White Hair is bewildering. At least it's just one line.
                      I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Yikes! I have both the deluxe "Schlangengrube" and the Eureka "Bride with White Hair." Is Eureka sending out replacements?

Comment

Originally posted by mjeon View Post
                          Yikes! I have both the deluxe "Schlangengrube" and the Eureka "Bride with White Hair." Is Eureka sending out replacements?
                          They've been very quiet so I doubt it. If they did admit it then they'd probably have to, otherwise they'd be like Code Red.

Comment

Eureka also messed up the subs on Mothra.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Meteor View Post
                              Eureka also messed up the subs on Mothra.
                              This makes me very worried for Viy. I just got another version recently but I was going to upgrade for the bonus film. I understand these errors aren't major, but it's really shoddy that these boutique labels aren't doing proper qc checks. It seems like the attitude is that we should be grateful just because they're doing a physical release at all. Thankfully I already have the rather nice US Mothra.

Still, I have a soft spot for Eureka, I used to mail order VHS tapes from them when they were called Mr Benson's.

Comment

Working...
                              X