Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow Releasing Beyond The Door

Coming in March.

Legendary filmmaker Ovidio G. Assonitis, whose Tentacles and Piranha II sought to cash in on the killer fish craze spawned by Jaws, first hit pay dirt in 1974 with Beyond the Door - a gloriously bonkers riff on The Exorcist featuring Emmy Award-winning actress Juliet Mills and distinguished British actor Richard Johnson.

Set against the backdrop of San Francisco, Beyond the Door stars Mills as Jessica Barrett, a young mother who starts to develop strange behaviors whilst pregnant with her third child. Before you can say “split pea soup”, Jessica is displaying signs of full-blown demonic possession - complete with projectile vomiting and fully-rotating head! Could it be that she's carrying the child of the Antichrist himself?

Described as “disgusting”, “scary trash” and “maddeningly inappropriate” by film critic Robert Ebert and subject to a lawsuit by Warner Bros. (who claimed copyright infringement against a certain William Friedkin film), the devilish denizens at Arrow Video have summoned up this wickedly entertaining popcorn spiller in a brand new, extras-packed edition fit for Satan himself!

LIMITED EDITION 2-DISC BLU-RAY CONTENTS

Limited to 3,000 units
    Brand new 2K restoration of the extended Uncut English Export Version
    Exclusive bonus disc containing the alternate US Theatrical Version and Italy Possessed, a brand-new feature-length documentary on Italian exorcism movies!
    Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Marc Schoenbach
    Reversible fold-out poster
    Perfect-bound collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by John Martin and Alessio di Rocco

DISC ONE - UNCUT ENGLISH EXPORT VERSION

Brand new 2K restoration of the Uncut English Export Version, released as Devil Within Her (108 mins)
    High Definition Blu-rayTM (1080p) presentation
    Original uncompressed mono audio
    Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
    The Devil and I - a newly-filmed interview with director/producer Ovidio G. Assonitis
    Barrett's Hell - a newly-filmed interview with cinematographer Roberto D'Ettorre Piazzoli
    Beyond the Music - a newly-filmed interview with composer Franco Micalizzi
    The Devil's Face - a newly-filmed interview with camera operator Maurizio Maggi
    Motel and Devils - a newly-conducted audio interview with actor Gabriele Lavia
    Alternate Italian Chi Sei? opening titles
    Alternate Behind the Door VHS opening titles
    Alternate Japanese Diabolica opening and ending sequence
    Trailers, TV and Radio Spots
    Image Gallery

DISC TWO - US THEATRICAL VERSION (LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE)

Brand new 2K restoration of the US Theatrical Version, released as Beyond the Door (99 mins)
    High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
    Original uncompressed mono audio
    Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
    Italy Possessed - a brand new feature-length documentary on the history of Italian Exorcist rip-offs, including interviews with key filmmakers such as Sergio Martino, Alberto De Martino, Pupi Avati, Marcello Avallone, Ovidio G. Assonitis and many more!

Click image for larger version

Name:	6737c427-dd4a-4c76-9b7b-270f2b6f1fd2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	370073

Click image for larger version

Name:	c08f1cf3-9b1d-4ed6-8fd1-6304543ca5eb.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	370074
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Described as “disgusting”, “scary trash” and “maddeningly inappropriate” by film critic Robert Ebert and subject to a lawsuit by Warner Bros. (who claimed copyright infringement against a certain William Friedkin film), the devilish denizens at Arrow Video have summoned up this wickedly entertaining popcorn spiller in a brand new, extras-packed edition fit for Satan himself!
    hmmmm

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Italy Possessed - a brand new feature-length documentary on the history of Italian Exorcist rip-offs, including interviews with key filmmakers such as Sergio Martino, Alberto De Martino, Pupi Avati, Marcello Avallone, Ovidio G. Assonitis and many more!
    Now, this sounds intriguing and might push me into buying this.

Comment

Man, that cover art is bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post
        Man, that cover art is bad.
        It looks like Topps Wacky Packages from the 1970s. Arrow should have done something different with the cover. I'll still probably buy the blu ray set as it is one of my favorite "Exorcist" clones.

Comment

Now that the Arrow release has made the CR release obsolete, the CR release is down to $15 at Hamilton Books.

https://www.hamiltonbook.com/beyond-the-door-blu-ray
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I kind of like this one.
            "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

I liked the shorter theatrical cut of this. I have the dvd release and am not sure if I need to upgrade it or not. Maybe will give the dvd a spin for the hell of it later today.
              "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Banks View Post
                I liked the shorter theatrical cut of this. I have the dvd release and am not sure if I need to upgrade it or not. Maybe will give the dvd a spin for the hell of it later today.
                You'll miss out on the excellent Exorcist rip-offs docunmentary if you don't.

Comment

I'd like to upgrade, but this is really expensive.

Yeah, I know. Grumpy old fart bitching about the prices. "I can remember not paying more than $25 for a blu ray."
                  "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyslim142 View Post
                    You'll miss out on the excellent Exorcist rip-offs docunmentary if you don't.
                    I already own the Code Red DVD but the doc convinced me to buy the new set! Received it today! :gory:
                    2019: The only blog to survive the nuclear holocaust

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Banks View Post
                      I'd like to upgrade, but this is really expensive.

Yeah, I know. Grumpy old fart bitching about the prices. "I can remember not paying more than $25 for a blu ray."
                      Canadian prices would give you an aneurism!

Comment

Currently down to £16.99 on amazon.co.uk. Probably only for 30 seconds though...

Tried posting a link but it's not working at the Amazon end.
                        agent999
                        Last edited by agent999; 05-14-2020, 03:44 AM.
                        I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I just ordered it.
                          George Barry
                          Last edited by George Barry; 05-14-2020, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X