No announcement yet.

Jean-Paul Belmondo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A double-bill of this and PIERROT LE FOU changed me in a big way, my first color Godards. FEMME might be my fave of his just based on visuals and bouncy tone. PIERROT, however, is more of a Belmondo tour de force.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Miller View Post
      A double-bill of this and PIERROT LE FOU changed me in a big way, my first color Godards. FEMME might be my fave of his just based on visuals and bouncy tone. PIERROT, however, is more of a Belmondo tour de force.
      I liked Pierrot a lot more overall, but you can't discount Karina in Femme, she makes it. And yeah, bouncy is a good way to describe it!
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1587311623211.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	357818

The caption was "Trio magnifique." Anybody know who the third guy is besides Belmondo and Gainsbourg?
        Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Originally posted by Alison Jane View Post
          The caption was "Trio magnifique." Anybody know who the third guy is besides Belmondo and Gainsbourg?
          Coluche.

Comment

Originally posted by Franz Propp View Post
            Coluche.
            Just looked him up but I know nothing about him. Is he important in France?
            Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Is he important in France?
              He made a string of popular comedies in the early 1980s, stood for presidency and had an asteroid named after him.

Comment

He made a string of popular comedies in the early 1980s, stood for presidency and had an asteroid named after him.
                Interesting!
                Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

He had an asteroid named after him.
                  in all seriousness, this is why keeping this site going rules. Facts like this (and I am being 100% serious)!
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Funny. That picture was on his FB page (not sure who runs it but it's a pretty massive page). Anyway, I asked in the comments on the picture who it was and my comment was deleted!
                    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

We watched Borsalino last night, starring Belmondo and Delon. I think, given how much I like the two of them, maybe my expectations were too high. The first half is fairly weak, too much light buddy comedy and the like. The second half definitely improves a lot, it gets darker and more serious and, as such, more interesting. It wasn't a bad movie at all, but I expected great and didn't get it. Maybe that isn't fair, because it's really nicely shot, great period detail and the performances are very strong.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I agree with much of what Ian said. Needed more action. Fighting, guns, and car races. This is what I've come to expect from the French films we watch.
                        Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

I agree with much of what Ian said. Needed more action. Fighting, guns, and car races. This is what I've come to expect from the French films we watch.
                          At least it did deliver in the 'Delon is impeccably dressed' aspect. He had good suits.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                            At least it did deliver in the 'Delon is impeccably dressed' aspect. He had good suits.
                            And he smiled more than usual. And we got to see a bunch of crate kittens attack!
                            Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Watched The Man From Rio last night by way of the US Blu-ray. It takes a bit too long to get going and it drags a bit for that reason but the second half picks up and we wind up with a nice mix of comedy and action as well as some impressive stunt pieces. Not an essential film by any stretch, but pretty entertaining when it's all said and done.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Watched Up To His Ears over the weekend and it's pretty fun. A lot of goofy, almost slapstick comedy in it. Belmondo plays a suicidal rich guy unhappy with his life only to find value in it when it becomes threatened and he falls for Ursula Andress. Some pretty crazy stunt work in this, like surprisingly crazy. It isn't a life changer by any stretch but if you can appreciate the overt goofiness of it all, it's pretty entertaining.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059831...nm_flmg_act_51

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X