No announcement yet.

Some BIG news for Hammer fans!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dammit, I even put 'em in the wrong category!

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Francis View Post
      Shit, I just posted those in a separate thread. Ian, you'll have to wipe the thread out. D'oh!
      Got it. I'll just delete the other one. Thanks for the heads up.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Yeah, I wasn't talking about THIS thread. Ha!

I got excited when I saw that photo, and went right to into Image Shack mode, came here, didn't have my bloody glasses on and, well, we all know what happened next. Didn't even see your comment until later, which would have tipped me off that you probably posted the photo already. The adrenaline was coursing through my veins big time.
        Shawn Francis
        Last edited by Shawn Francis; 11-11-2011, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Shawn needs a less stressful hobby.

Comment

Stressful?! It's exciting!

Comment

From Blu-ray.com:

"The UK branch of Studio Canal (formerly Optimum Home Entertainment) has revealed that it is planning to release on Blu-ray three more cult Hammer films: John Gilling's The Reptile (1966) and The Plague of the Zombies (1966), and Terence Fisher's Dracula: Prince of Darkness (1966). Technical specs, region coding status and special features for these releases are unknown at the moment, but the preliminary release date for all three is February 27th."

I didn't love Dracula Prince Of Darkness last time I saw it, but it's been years. These will look good on the shelf next to my Quatermass and the Pit disc! :)
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

And according to a post on Latarnia: The Brigand of Kandahar and The Scarlet Blade are now up for pre-order at play.com, with a release date of 16. January 2012.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

THE CURSE OF THE WEREWOLF (DVD) 2-DISC LIMITED EDITION STEELBOOK

AMAZON UK (Pre-Order)

EXTRAS (Courtesy of some forum called, Roobarb's Forum):

00:44:15:22 THE CURSE OF THE WEREWOLF (MAKING OF FEATURETTE)
                  00:03:15:05 THE CURSE OF THE WEREWOLF - LYCANTHROPY - THE BEAST IN ALL OF US! (FEATURETTE)
                  00:03:19:14 (STILLS GALLERY)

Extras as listed by Final Cut:

Beautiful 2 disc dvd Steelbook limited to 2000 (numbered) sets.

Extras disc includes The Making of Curse of the Werewolf with interviews with Catherine Feller, Yvonne Romain, Mike Hill, Don Mingaye, Margaret Robinson Jimmy Sangster.---Lycanthropy:The Beast in All of Us --Stills Gallery with never before seen images.

Set of 8 Exclusive Postcards

Comment

Sadly, Don Sharp passed away yesterday. Details here:

http://celebs.gather.com/viewArticle...81474980930284
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• An interview with the guy who did The Hammer Vault book, which comes out today.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Amazon shows this as released by Lionsgate 1/6/2012.

Terrible cover.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Schwing!

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• AMAZON UK PRE-ORDER

God, I wish our local studios would care about their Hammer movies more.

That is an awesome cover!
                            Attached Files

Comment

• It seems that the floodgates for high def Hammer are opening pretty quickly this year!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-16629619

"More than 30 films will be resurrected, with several gaining new or extended scenes that were cut from the original. Among them is Terence Fisher's Dracula, which will incorporate a recently-discovered extended death scene considered too gruesome in 1958."
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• More here.

And the extras for the Dracula POD Blu-ray are:

"Secondly, STUDIOCANAL have recently announced their second restored Hammer title coming to Region B Blu-ray (on March 5th). This is the chilling DRACULA PRINCE OF DARKNESS, restored at Pinewood from a two-perf original cut negative (OCN), scanned at 4k and restored in 2k. DRACULA PRINCE OF DARKNESS will be presented in all its TECHNISCOPE glory, in the original aspect ratio of 2.35:1. And if that isn't enough, Pinewood have restored the original UK title cards to the film! On top of all that, official Hammer historian Marcus Hearn has produced an all-new half-hour documentary specially for this edition, featuring Barbara Shelley, Francis Matthews, Mark Gatiss, Jonathan Rigby and others"
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X