Some BIG news for Hammer fans!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
    A BFI Blu-ray of the 58 film would be amazing. I hadn't heard that before.
    It's really just an internet rumour at present. BFI did a restoration on the film for new theatrical screenings in recent times and Hammer posted the Tweet. People, me included, have been putting the HD and BFI thing together...as it seems logical to me, given BFI's track record in recent years. Plus, Hammer have been dropping hints on their official site..

Originally posted by Hammer Films
    Further titles are expected to be announced over the coming months, with more classic Hammer titles making their Blu-ray debut.
    ...me thinks that means maybe we're not far off for the BIG one. ;)

Comment

That would be awesome news. Another reason I'm thankful for my Momitsu Blu-ray player because I'd bet they'll be Region B.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I definitely get the feeling we'll get some big announcements in the latter part of the year. Sony did HD masters of all of their Columbia collaborations with Hammer, so...there's that.

Plus, I think Universal did HD masters of their co-productions too. I may eventually be up for a total re-purchase of my entire Hammer set one day! The mind boggles...

Comment

I'm also fairly certain Warner mentioned an HD version of Dracula having been done, and it might have actually shown up on one of the cable channels.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Specs from The Digital Fix on the UK BD for Quatermass And The Pit from Optimum:

Digitally restored and presented on both Blu-ray and DVD in a single package, extras include:
            • New UK exclusive interviews with Julian Glover, Mark Gatiss, Judith Kerr, Kim Newman, Joe Dante and Marcus Hearne
            • Audio commentary with Nigel Kneale and Roy Ward Baker
            • World of Hammer - Sci-Fi Episode
            • UK and US trailers
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I must ask: what does Joe Dante have to do with every horror release in existence that he has to be interviewed for everything?
              Is he cheap to book? Does he do interviews for free? Does his agent shop him around the interview circuit between films?

Comment

No idea. I like him though. He seems like a nice guy. Better him interviewed than Tarantino.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

No idea. I like him though. He seems like a nice guy. Better him interviewed than Tarantino.
                  Oh, fer sure! But it's just seemed kinda wacky that Joe's literally EVERYWHERE these days when it comes to genre-related interviews.

Comment

In other unrelated Brit-horror news, Shock are also putting out a BD of Amicus' Tales from the Crypt. Read that at AVM -- I'm guessing it'll be movie only, or port over whatever NTSC features were on the US DVD from MGM. That's all I know -- but after the last shitstorm that erupted over the Hammer news I broke, and the amount of crap unknown forces got me in with Shock (obviously there's some people out there who don't like to be "scooped"), I'm staying out of this one.

Comment

In other (sad) Hammer news, Jimmy Sangster passed away last night. From Hammer's twitter feed: "We are deeply saddened to learn of death of screenwriting legend & key part of Hammer's story, Jimmy Sangster. 2 Dec 1927 - 19 Aug 2011 RIP."
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Man, that's not "big" news...that's sad news. RIP Jimmy -- 83's a pretty good wicket, thanks for all the great movie memories.

Comment

Yeah, he did alright. Had a hand in some great movies.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Hammer Films just sent this out on twitter:

"We've just reunited Shane Briant & Madeline Smith for a #FrankensteinAndTheMonsterFromHell commentary!"

Nothing more to it than that, but could this mean there's a Blu-ray release in the works?
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Hammer Films just sent this out on twitter:

"We've just reunited Shane Briant & Madeline Smith for a #FrankensteinAndTheMonsterFromHell commentary!"

Nothing more to it than that, but could this mean there's a Blu-ray release in the works?
                              Yes, could be. They hinted at the fact that there were more "surprise" announcements for UK BD later in the year -- and FATMFH was the only DDVideo Hammer that Icon isn't re-releasing on DVD in Britain next month. You're a very astute young man, you know that Mr. Jane? ;)

Comment

Sometimes I pay attention. When I've had enough coffee.
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X