No announcement yet.

Some BIG news for Hammer fans!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice! I wonder if it's...gulp...Shock again?

Comment

• Originally posted by bgart13 View Post
      Nice! I wonder if it's...gulp...Shock again?
      I had a look on screenpops (Shock) website and its not listed so maybe its not

Comment

• Has anybody else picked up the FRANKENSTEIN AND THE MONSTER FROM HELL BD? I managed to snag a copy yesterday from my local HMV for £15 (I think it's a fair bit more on many e-tailers' websites). I haven't had chance to watch it yet but shall endeavour to work my way through the whole package at the weekend. (It's one of my favourite Terence Fisher films, so the disc has gone straight to the top of my 'to watch' pile.)
        'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
        'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

• Please report back when you can, Paul. I'll import this one without batting an eye so long as it's up to par.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Word on the streets that there are a couple of glitches on the blu-ray. However, It certainly isn't the first release where the Hammer armchair critics have come out in force so maybe take that with a pinch of salt. I have the Aussie release and that looks excellent so I have no doubts the uk release will be the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
              Please report back when you can, Paul. I'll import this one without batting an eye so long as it's up to par.
              I will do, Ian. Looking forward into digging into the package.

I flicked through the disc today. The film looks absolutely stunning. (The last version of this film I bought was the Anolis Blu-ray back in the mid-2000s, so I can't compare it with the Australian BD.) It's uncut too.

The glitches reported on the Internet are indeed present: at 8:17 on the widescreen version and 14:37 on the fullscreen version. In both instances, the video image freezes for what I would guesstimate is just under a second. It seems to be an issue with the encode or the authoring of the disc. It's a fuck up and it's annoying, but (in my view) it's not comparable to the framing issue on the CURSE OF FRANKENSTEIN Blu.

It may be worth waiting a while, Ian, to see if moves are made to address this issue, as I would guess it should be easily correctable in future pressings.
              'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

Comment

• No glitch on the Australian BD @ 8:17. I read elsewhere the glitch happens when Briant squats down to pick up the eyeballs, which happens at 7:30 on my disc ( no glitch here either ). Now I am trying to figure out why these time points don't match ( maybe the UK has opening logos ? ).
                https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by John Bernhard View Post
                  No glitch on the Australian BD @ 8:17. I read elsewhere the glitch happens when Briant squats down to pick up the eyeballs, which happens at 7:30 on my disc ( no glitch here either ). Now I am trying to figure out why these time points don't match ( maybe the UK has opening logos ? ).
                  I think it does, John. I'll pop it back in the player later and check how long those opening logos are.

Comment

• The film runs for 94:56. (The Australian disc runs for 90:37, I believe, owing to it being a 1080i/50hz presentation; the UK disc is 1080p.) The Icon logo at the beginning runs for 15 seconds, and there's the original BBFC 'X' certificate card which is shown onscreen for 9 seconds - so the film proper doesn't begin for 25 seconds.

The glitch comes as Briant says the word 'finding' in the line, 'If you could only appreciate the difficult in finding specimens like these'. (It ends when Briant says the word 'specimens'.)
                    Paul L
                    Scholar of Sleaze
                    Last edited by Paul L; 04-30-2014, 08:21 PM.

Comment

• Thanks Paul for the clarification on the run time & logo info. I was in the dark about 1080i transfers being susceptible to PAL speed up issues til now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul L View Post
                        I will do, Ian. Looking forward into digging into the package.

I flicked through the disc today. The film looks absolutely stunning. (The last version of this film I bought was the Anolis Blu-ray back in the mid-2000s, so I can't compare it with the Australian BD.) It's uncut too.

The glitches reported on the Internet are indeed present: at 8:17 on the widescreen version and 14:37 on the fullscreen version. In both instances, the video image freezes for what I would guesstimate is just under a second. It seems to be an issue with the encode or the authoring of the disc. It's a fuck up and it's annoying, but (in my view) it's not comparable to the framing issue on the CURSE OF FRANKENSTEIN Blu.

It may be worth waiting a while, Ian, to see if moves are made to address this issue, as I would guess it should be easily correctable in future pressings.
                        Thanks for this Paul. I'll wait until the dust settles before I order. I love this movie and want it on the best possible Blu!
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• While I never noticed it a glitch of a different nature is beign reported at 29m20s on the Aussie BD. Watched this one a couple times since it came in but never noticed...time to pull the disc out again tonite and take a peek.

Comment

• Image taken by someone on Hammer's facebook page.

From the Uk disc

Click image for larger version

Name:	10256068_10152777996984619_3614304956740356608_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	346199

Comment

• So this is what the Anolis Blu of The Mummy's Shroud looks like I guess.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bn_YVt1IEAAdezd.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	346301
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I have the Twins Of Evil release by them and its excellent. Keep your eye open, because Curse of the Werewolf is coming!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X