No announcement yet.

Some BIG news for Hammer fans!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Icon and Lionsgate work together with the original three Hammers.

Comment

• Originally posted by bgart13 View Post
      Icon and Lionsgate work together with the original three Hammers.
      That doesn't explain why there are two listings. The original listing I may add has disappeared, unless you click on your pre-order its doesn't show up in regular searches. Its also weird that the new listing is dvd (which I can only presume is an error has it still has 3 discs) and has a different cat number but that doesn't really help their pre-orders does it. I mean If you were looking to pre-order blu-rays, at no point on that page does it indicate the release is a bd.
      Lalala76
      Last edited by Lalala76; 09-06-2013, 06:50 AM.

Comment

• Looks like Anolis films have some Hammer films coming on Blu-ray (mediabooks)

http://www.bluray-disc.de/blu-ray-fi...n-blu-ray-disc

Comment

• Mediabooks? I might dislike them more than steelbooks!

Comment

• Based on Tales from the crypt media book, then probably really expensive too. However, if they start to bring out hammer titles that others are not, then I will be tempted.

Anolis did some pretty cool dvd covers though and looks like they are continuing with bds.
            Lalala76
            Last edited by Lalala76; 09-10-2013, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• Yeah, that TALES release looks nice, but I won't buy it. Too much $.

Comment

• The worst thing about the German mediabooks is that they look great but the text is never in English, which defeats the object of English speaking countries owning german mediabooks. So I guess in that respect it pays to be or speak German

Comment

• Did we post the art for The Witches, coming out next month? I don't think we did.

So here it is.

Click image for larger version

Name:	58673_665826403430219_116252816_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	344223
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I have been tied up in recent days on various Hammer horror boards and forums, so I will let you guys know.

There is still no word from Hammer or otherwise regarding further releases after The Mummy and the Witches in the uk. When prompted about the Australian releases out on October 2nd, and potential loss of sales Hammer did respond, but only to mention that Frankenstein and the Monster from Hell will NOT be part of the Studio Canal release schedule, and they will announce it on their webpage IF and WHEN it gets a release by someone (Lionsgate maybe?). But the IF and WHEN is a little worrying.

What is confusing, however is that The Peter Cushing appreciation BlogSpot claims that FATMFH will get a UK release on October 22nd. Where this nugget of information came from is unknown and possibly unfounded.

There has also been confusion as to the Australian release of Captain Kronos. Many ebay vendors are listing this for pre-order for October 2nd. However trusted Australian vendor Ezydvd had this too say

"this title has been pushed back until 2014 with the distributor (no current release date) due to issues with the HD master. Thanks, JZ"

In other words, No Captain Kronos.

Its a bit alarming that Hammer are not being pro-active in promoting anything. They have hardly mentioned The witches bd release. And once again will not answer any questions about whether the titles that are being released in Australia will also be released in UK.

So if you can put up with the most awful Blu-ray covers ever, then it just may be better to import the Aussie blu-rays.

Just to remind: Frankenstein and the monster from hell, Frankenstein created woman, Quatermass xperiment (quatermass 2 and x the unknown included as extras) and The witches.
                    Lalala76
                    Last edited by Lalala76; 09-18-2013, 10:09 AM.

Comment

• Sadly, Anthony Hinds passed away yesterday.

A nice write up on him here.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• A preview of the documentary being included on the Blu-ray release of The Mummy coming later this month in the UK...

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Nice of them not to bar R1 viewers from this clip like they did with the DRACULA promos :)
                          The lack of advance word on THE MUMMY certainly has me worried, but they probaly want to keep pre street date chatter to a minimum.
                          There is going to be an Aussie box set coming next month with 11 titles ( all previously released ) which if priced right might be worth getting if priced right.
                          https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                            A preview of the documentary being included on the Blu-ray release of The Mummy coming later this month in the UK...

Fascinating. I had no idea Bray was comprised of so many buildings. It was a larger studio than I thought. I'll have to buy THE MUMMY just for this documentary, although I don't expect the transfer will be worth a damn.
                            "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
                            - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

Comment

• From Dread Central:

"Simon Oakes, the President and CEO of Hammer Films, announced today that the company has acquired the rights to Jeanette Winterson's acclaimed novella The Daylight Gate, which was released in August of last year. Set in the early 17th century, the novella is based on the Pendle Witch Trial, the most notorious of English witch trials. Hammer intends on turning the tale of magic, superstition, and ruthless murder into a feature film."
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Here is a review for THE MUMMY from the DVD from the set.

http://diaboliquemagazine.com/mummy-uk-blu-ray-review/
                                https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X