Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
    From the official Hammer Twitter feed:

"Very soon the (restored, longer) climax of #Dracula1958 will be a moment that you can indeed pay for! Watch this space!"
    So how are they going to screw this one up? Ruin the audio like they did with Rasputin? Go apeshit with DNR like on Dracula: Prince of Darkness? Or maybe they'll "update" the special effects like they did with The Devil Rides Out?

Honestly, as much I would love to see this film restored/uncensored, I have absolutely no confidence in Hammer's releases anymore.

Comment

• From their FB page:

"Today, courtesy of the BFI, we scanned 3 reels of an archive UK print of FRANKENSTEIN AND THE MONSTER FROM HELL. We found the film's original BBFC "X" certificate card, the "artery teeth clamping" scene and the "Helder eyeball surgery" scene (neither are in the US cut) along with a couple of very short additional moments. We'll post to the Restoration Blog in detail next week!"
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Good news. I missed out on getting that German disc that had the artery clamping scene intact. Looks like this is shaping up to be the definitive version of the film. Just hope they don't fuck it up.
        Robert W
        Last edited by Robert W; 11-10-2012, 11:07 AM.

Comment

• Some BIG news for Hammer fans!

If the BFI are involved this is good news.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horace Cordier View Post
            If the BFI are involved this is good news.
            Yeah, that definitely gives me faith after a couple of obvious screw ups.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Here is a fair and balanced summary of the screw-ups:

http://www.reelandimagined.com/2012/...l-is-going-on/
              "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
              - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

Comment

• Just announced on Facebook...

"We're happy to announce 18th March 2013 as the UK release date for Dracula (1958) aka Horror Of Dracula (the BFI's 2007 restoration plus censored footage restored) from Icon and Lionsgate. Check-out our new cover photo!"
                Attached Files
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I don't own any of BFI's releases. How do they stack up quality-wise?

Comment

• They're generally very nice. I've got a bunch and am quite pleased with them.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• BFI are close to Criterion level quality for the most part.

Comment

• Good to hear. Looks like I'll be buying this then.

Comment

• Some info on the restoration and aspect ratio of the Dracula restoration just posted at the Hammer Restoration Blog.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Some info on the restoration and aspect ratio of the Dracula restoration just posted at the Hammer Restoration Blog.
                            Looks like Hammer is getting a well deserved hiding from the fans over their, how shall we say, questionable recent releases on that blog. Hopefully they'll listen to the fans and take it upon themselves to correct their previous errors and refrain from committing them again on future releases.

Comment

• They seem to be ignoring most of the negative feedback, sadly.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

They seem to be ignoring most of the negative feedback, sadly.
                                I noticed that. They seem especially unwilling to take part in any on-line discussion concerning the CoF aspect ratio controversy as well.

As an aside, I really find quite mystifying that there has been so many problems with their bds as of late. You'd think after the hubbub over the D:PoD disc they'd have tightened the reins on their qc.

Comment

Working...
                                X