• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kino Releasing And Soon The Darkness

Coming October 15th on DVD and Blu-ray!

And Soon the Darkness (1970) with optional English subtitles
    • Brand New 4K Master!
    • Audio commentary with Director Robert Fuest and Co-Writer/Co-Producer Brian Clemens, moderated by Journalist Jonathan Sothcott
    • Audio Commentary by Film Historian Troy Howarth
    • Radio Spot
    • Reverse Horizontal Blu-ray Art
    • Theatrical Trailer

Two young British nurses bicycling through the desolate French countryside. A mysterious stranger on a lonely stretch of road. The women become separated and soon after, one of them disappears. Now the remaining girl, alone and frightened, begins an increasingly desperate search for answers among the strangely uncooperative locals. Where is her friend? Was there a murder? And as the darkness approaches, is the killer now stalking her? Pamela Franklin (The Legend of Hell House) and Michele Dotrice (The Blood on Satan's Claw) co-star in this unsettling shocker directed by Robert Fuest (The Abominable Dr. Phibes). And Soon the Darkness remains a favorite of thriller fans for its sexual menace, sinister style and one of the most quietly chilling final twists in '70s British cinema. Original story and screenplay by Brian Clemens (See No Evil) and Terry Nation (The House in Nightmare Park) with top-notch cinematography by Ian Wilson (The Crying Game, Below).

Click image for larger version

Name:	67141383_2419726768084216_4775426514101469184_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	369871
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I watched this again recently and it really is an under appreciated slice of seventies horror. I am so bored with the same two or three people recording commentaries for cult films though. It's tiresome for the consumer - to the extent that I can speak for 'the' consumer - and lazy on the part of the producer.
    s.chivers
    Last edited by s.chivers; 07-27-2019, 04:49 PM. Reason: Unhelpful repetition, ironically enough.
    https://carnalcinema.blog

Comment

Working...
    X