Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BLOODY TERROR: The Shocking Cinema of Norman J Warren, 1976-1987 (Indicator)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLOODY TERROR: The Shocking Cinema of Norman J Warren, 1976-1987 (Indicator)

SATAN'S SLAVE (1976)
    PREY (1977)
    TERROR (1978)
    INSEMINOID (1981)
    BLOODY NEW YEAR (1987)

Release date: 22 July 2019
    Limited Blu-ray Edition Box Set (World and UK Blu-ray premieres)

One of British genre cinema's most important and distinctive independent filmmakers, Norman J Warren made a series of horror films which were at the forefront of a new wave in British horror during the 1970s. Reflecting a period of permissiveness and fearlessness, Warren's distinctive stylings are far removed from the Gothic conventions of Hammer Films, deliberately upped the ante in terms of sex, violence and gore to create a new breed of horror that was designed to shock for shock's sake.

Five of Norman J Warren's horrifying chillers are presented here in new restorations and on Blu-ray for the very first time in the UK. Containing a wealth of new and archival extras - including new appreciations by contemporary British filmmakers, new cast and crew interviews, audio commentaries on all five films, rare short films, outtakes and alternative scenes, and making-of documentaries - this stunning Limited Edition box set is strictly limited to 6,000 units.

INDICATOR LIMITED BLU-RAY EDITION BOX SET SPECIAL FEATURES:

New 2K restorations of all five films, approved by director Norman J Warren
    Original mono audio
    The BEHP Interview with Norman J Warren (2018): an archival video recording, made as part of the British Entertainment History Project, featuring the prolific filmmaker in conversation with Martin Sheffield
    Satan's Slave audio commentary with director Norman J Warren and screenwriter David McGillivray, and a second commentary with Warren and composer John Scott
    Prey audio commentary with Norman J Warren and author Jonathan Rigby
    Terror audio commentary with Norman J Warren and screenwriter David McGillivray
    Inseminoid audio commentary with Norman J Warren and assistant director Gary White
    Bloody New Year audio commentary with Norman J Warren and film critic Josephine Botting
    All You Need Is Blood (1976): a vintage 'making of' documentary for Satan's Slave, presented in High Definition for the first time
    Creating Satan (2004): an archival documentary on the making of Satan's Slave featuring interviews with Warren, David McGillivray, actor Martin Potter, and others
    Devilish Music (2004): an archival interview with composer John Scott
    Satan's Slave alternative scenes
    Keep on Running (2004): an archival documentary on the making of Prey featuring interviews with Warren, actor Sally Faulkner, producer Terry Marcel, and others
    Prey: On Set with Norman J Warren (1977): location footage with new Norman J Warren commentary
    Bloody Good Fun (2004): an archival documentary on the making of Terror featuring interviews with Warren, actors Carolyn Courage, Mary Maude, James Aubrey and Elaine Ives-Cameron, writer David McGillivray, and others
    Interview with John Nolan (2019): the Terror actor recalls making the film
    Terror deleted scene
    Subterranean Universe (2004): an archival documentary on the making of Inseminoid featuring interviews with Warren, actors Stephanie Beacham, David Baxt and Barry Houghton, and others
    Interview with Trevor Thomas (2019): a new interview with the Inseminoid actor
    Inseminoid Girl (2004): an archival interview with actor Judy Geeson
    Electronic Approach (2004): an archival interview with Inseminoid composer John Scott
    Interview with Catherine Roman (2019): the Bloody New Year actor recalls making the film
    Interview with Steve Emerson (2019): the actor and stunt coordinator discusses working on Terror and Bloody New Year
    Norman J Warren: A Sort of Autobiography (2004): an archival career-encompassing interview
    The Bridge (1955-57): surviving footage of an early short film directed by Warren, about a pilot on a mission to locate a bridge in Germany during World War II
    The Making of 'The Bridge': rare and unseen behind-the-scenes footage with commentary by Warren
    Carol (1962): pilot tests for Warren's unrealised feature film about teenage pregnancy and backstreet abortion, with Georgina Hale and Michael Craze
    Drinkin' Time (1963): a comic silent short directed by Warren
    Turn Off Your Bloody Phone: Norman J Warren and the Ghost (2013): horror short produced for FrightFest, starring Warren, David McGillivray, and Yixi Sun
    Interview with Yixi Sun (2019): an interview with the filmmaker and Warren collaborator
    Trailers and TV Spots
    Image galleries: promotional and publicity material
    New English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
    Limited edition exclusive 120-page book with a new essay by Adrian Smith, archival interviews, articles and on-set reports, an overview of contemporary critical responses, and film credits and more
    World and UK premieres on Blu-ray
    Limited Edition of 6,000 copies

Indicator announced that the BBFC passed the export version of Satan's Slave uncut for this release.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	njw.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	356171
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Full specs now confirmed:

Satan's Slave

Prey

Terror

Inseminoid

Bloody New Year

Comment

Excellent! Thanks, Michael! I thought Arrow's Jose Ramon Larraz set would be difficult to top but it looks like Indicator's Norman J Warren set may be equal with it for my favourite release of the year. I'm looking forward to getting my sticky mitts on this.
          'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
          'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

I haven't picked up any of his films from VS so, I'm thinking, this box set would be a wise purchase if they're in stock at DiabolikDVD when I have extra dough...

Terror is the only movie I've seen & I remember liking it and I've always wanted to see Inseminoid but I don't know why. I think it goes back to seeing something in Fangoria about it.

Comment

Does anybody know if TERROR is completely uncut?
              I keep reading different answers
              Here in the UK the film was always cut because of a foot stabbing scene
              Is it intact? I have contacted Powerhouse/Indicator but no reply yet

Comment

Just received an email from a guy at Powerhouse/Indicator and he states all films are fully uncut
                Hope he's right! I wanna spend £50 on this collection:up:

Comment

Working...
                X