Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Code Red Releasing Conquest

So now it's official.

"Coming soon on Blu-Ray, to be sold exclusively at Ronin's website, and diabolik for international, is Lucio Fulci's cult classic “CONQUEST”. The film will feature a brand new HD scan from 2018, as well as a brand new on-camera interview with the star Jorge Rivero. Also featuring a brand new audio commentary from film historians Troy Howarth and Nathaniel Thompson. The disc will feature not only the original poster art for the cover, but also custom art done by Wes Benscoter and a slip sleeve with the custom art limited to the first 700 units. So keep an eye on this and Ronin's site for more details!"

Click image for larger version

Name:	58761576_2267362866656210_265977167043624960_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	369795

Name:	59093843_2267363293322834_6877083518183145472_n.jpg
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	369796
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Cool cover. But I think I'll wait for another release because I don't want to deal with an unskippable Bananaman sketch.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

As I recall, a lot of CONQUEST was shot with a gauze in front of the lens to intentionally give an otherworldly sense of soft focus and heavily diffused light. I wonder how the HD presentation will look.
      'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
      'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
        Cool cover. But I think I'll wait for another release because I don't want to deal with an unskippable Bananaman sketch.
        Exactly.

Comment

CONQUEST is one of the three Fulci films I most want on BD, joined by CONTRABAND and NEW GLADIATORS. But!

Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
          I don't want to deal with an unskippable Bananaman sketch.
          I'll be able to wait a little longer for a release in Germany of the UK. It helps that I think the newly commissioned artwork blows.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul L View Post
            As I recall, a lot of CONQUEST was shot with a gauze in front of the lens to intentionally give an otherworldly sense of soft focus and heavily diffused light. I wonder how the HD presentation will look.
            As weird as it may sound, this would probably need a 4K scan to look decent, and an actual UHD disc to look good. Sadly, old banana-ass doesn't get the concept of supersampling and won't even pay for 2K scans, so it'll look like shit.

Comment

Will wait for an imminent UK or German release. Olsens will never get a single cent from me.

Comment

Wow, you can really feel the excitement in the air...
                Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Looks like this is done at the replicators and coming to Roninflix pretty soon.

Name:	EHjwYi4X4AIfK3L.jpg
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	356913

Name:	EHjwYi9XYAAHIKR.jpg
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	356914
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I like Bananaman's bedspread.

Comment

I talked to a guy who after seeing the antics of Bill and DeFalco is now convinced that anyone can be a DVD/BLU maker.
                      "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

That's what the daughter of the Boggy Creek guy thinks too, not sure it's so easy
                        ( as this woman is about to find out the hard way )
                        http://www.legendofboggycreek.com/Store/Products.asp

Textbook example of how not to release a 'cult' movie.
                        https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

Up for sale at Ronin Flix: https://roninflix.com/collections/br...ducts/conquest

Comment

First 900 units get a free magnet!

I don't see the appeal of the free magnet gimmick, personally.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Not attracted by the magnet, Ian? That's repellent.

Comment

Working...
                              X