Code Red Releasing Conquest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bgart13 View Post
    Not attracted by the magnet, Ian? That's repellent.
    Zing!
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Comment

Boo-urns!
        "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Originally posted by bgart13 View Post
          Not attracted by the magnet, Ian? That's repellent.
          Well, magnets are no swizzle sticks...

Comment

Now that the limited edition has sold out, Kino announced that they are distributing a regular release (take note TH fans that this wide release appears to drop his commentary) of this for Code Red on August 25th

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	101450239_1163967550613129_6681077020568322048_o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	156.3 KB
ID:	358390
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Drak!

I love this film, but if it's a Code Red release I'd probably find it easier to get my hands on a virtuous woman in the pubs of a coastal resort.

And if Bill O wants to use that as a quote on a DVD sleeve, he's more than welcome.
                'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Originally posted by Paul L View Post
                  I love this film, but if it's a Code Red release I'd probably find it easier to get my hands on a virtuous woman in the pubs of a coastal resort.
                  That's the cover art for the Kino re-release. You won't have to jump through any hoops to get it.
                  Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                    That's the cover art for the Kino re-release. You won't have to jump through any hoops to get it.
                    Kino? That's great, Matt.

I gave up on Code Red when Bill refused to sell me something because my cousin's ex-wife's dog's previous owner wasn't named Hortense
                    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

Comment

Kino? That's great, Matt.

I gave up on Code Red when Bill refused to sell me something because my cousin's ex-wife's dog's previous owner wasn't named Hortense
                      I remember that BS, too. He wouldn't sell to anyone outside the US and he refused to stock his discs in retail stores. And then he spread his catalogue out among several different online stores and never assigned the same titles to the same sites so you would have to purchase from different retailers. He turned Code Red into a sort-of troll label.
                      Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                        I remember that BS, too. He wouldn't sell to anyone outside the US and he refused to stock his discs in retail stores. And then he spread his catalogue out among several different online stores and never assigned the same titles to the same sites so you would have to purchase from different retailers. He turned Code Red into a sort-of troll label.
                        In those early days of CR, I would email him directly and used to get personal replies. I mean, I know I was a paying customer and we weren't buddies, but still, he would answer questions and reply on a first-name basis and remember previous email conversations we'd had. There were the rumours of his spiky online persona which seemed contradicted totally by the emails I received from him. Then, all of a sudden, he started ranting about overseas customers fraudulently claiming that packages hadn't arrived, and it was like the guy had a personality transplant - or somebody had fed him a load of drugs - and he started to rant and rave about customers from the UK specifically. He wouldn't reply to emails and refused to ship overseas. Scuzzy business model, if you ask me.

If I bumped into him, I'd still buy him a drink, but that weird about-face that took place about 5/6 years ago seemed very... odd.

Comment

If I bumped into him, I'd still buy him a drink, but that weird about-face that took place about 5/6 years ago seemed very... odd.
                          I know someone with vascular dementia caused by diabetes, exactly the same thing happened to them. Just saying.
                          I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
                            I know someone with vascular dementia caused by diabetes, exactly the same thing happened to them. Just saying.
                            I may be missing a joke here, agent999, but does Bill O have diabetes?

(Sorry if that's a very dry quip and I don't get it, but my brother-in-law, a Type 1 diabetic, had a stroke last week after a series of hypos, so my radar for diabetes-related jokes is probably 'off'.)

Comment

It wasn't intended as a joke, I've seen very similar behaviour/personality changes and it's shocking. I believe there was speculation that he has diabetes after the needles strewn across his floor, but I don't know. It would explain a lot.

For the record, I'm diabetic (so are many of my family on my father's side) so this is something that worries me. However, I'm fairly good at controlling it after I decided to change my diet completely and lost a lot of weight. Bloody lockdown doesn't help though.
                              agent999
                              Last edited by agent999; 06-07-2020, 06:36 AM.
                              I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
                                It wasn't intended as a joke, I've seen very similar behaviour/personality changes and it's shocking. I believe there was speculation that he has diabetes after the needles strewn across his floor, but I don't know. It would explain a lot.
                                Yes, you're right, agent999. I did an Internet search after reading your post and discovered the threads re: needles, etc, on other parts of the Internet. I was completely oblivious to these, and you could very well be right. (I'm not diabetic but my brother-in-law is a Type 1 diabetic, as are a few other members of my wife's family.)

Comment

Working...
                                X