Click image for larger version

Name:	57092944_2640993319250594_2382845970330157056_o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	369763
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I'd buy that just for the poster art.

Comment

I quite like this weird little flick. There was a stellar DVD release from Germany about 15 years ago with two different cuts of the film, audio commentary by director Cozzi and a bunch of deleted scenes that tried to add a Lovecraftian cosmic horror spin to the film! If 88 Films can port all of that over, I'm game. If not, I'll wait for someone else to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaibatan View Post
        I quite like this weird little flick. There was a stellar DVD release from Germany about 15 years ago with two different cuts of the film, audio commentary by director Cozzi and a bunch of deleted scenes that tried to add a Lovecraftian cosmic horror spin to the film! If 88 Films can port all of that over, I'm game. If not, I'll wait for someone else to do it.
        Yeah, those deleted scenes are essential... so bizarre. An extended cut adding them back in would be awesome.

Comment

I've never seen it, I had the suspicion it wasn't very good. Now I might be interested.
          Out here on the perimeter we is stoned...immaculate

Comment

Street date is 9/16/19.

https://88-films.myshopify.com/colle...-collection-52

An all-girl Rock group head to a remote villa for a music video shoot, they are in desperate need of a hit single and purchase sheet music from the mysterious Mr. Pickett (the legendary Donald Pleasence). They are told the music is a lost piece from the legendary violinist, Niccolí² Paganini, and see this as their ticket to the top of the charts. Little do they know, that this music is cursed and that they have just unleashed hell upon themselves. Soon, the spirit of Paganini is roaming the villa, armed with a murderous violin, and picking off the fame-hungry band members one by one. From the minds of Luigi Cozzi (Contamination) and Daria Nicolodi (Suspiria) comes Paganini Horror a slash-tastic piece of cheesy Euro-horror that could only have been made in the 80s! 88 Films are proud to present this bonkers slice of Italian cult cinema, a camp classic in the making, ripe for re-discovery and destined to be your new favourite worst movie, now even more outrageous thanks to this rocking 2k restoration.

SPECIAL FEATURES

Limited Edition Gloss O-Card slipcase [First Print Run Only]
            Limited Edition Extensive Booklet Notes by Film maker Eugenio Ercolani [First Print Run Only]
            Brand New 2K Remaster from The Original 16mm Negative in 1.66:1 Aspect Ratio
            Extensive Cleanup and Colour Correction Carried out in the UK
            Remastered Uncompressed English Audio
            Optional English SDH Subtitles
            Remastered Uncompressed Italian Audio with Newly Translated Subtitles
            Audio Commentary by Genre Expert Troy Howarth
            Bloody Violin: Director Luigi Cozzi on Paganini Horror (31 Mins)
            Interview with Actor Pietro Genuardi (26 Mins)
            Remastered Trailer
            Reversible Sleeve with Italian Poster Design

TECHNICAL SPECS
            Region Code: B
            Audio: LPCM Stereo
            Picture: 1080p HD 1.66:1
            Runtime: 83 mins approx
            Language: English / Italian
            Subtitles: English
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Of what I have read of this film its supposed to be crap....

Comment

Could any of the females in the group pass for Joan Jett or Cherie Currie? If so, that may have been the primary reason these movie was green-lit.

Comment

Severin's announced their US edition at the end of this interview:

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/fe...on-documentary

Comment

But when are we getting Kinski Paganini?

Comment

Coming from Severin in October.

Click image for larger version

Name:	71120128_954343371575549_2837836092495888384_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	356759
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

^And they've got the deleted scenes and alternate ending.

Comment

Nice! Hopefully some obsessive individual puts together a fanedit compositing it back together.

Comment

Working...
                          X