88 Films Italian Restoration Project Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 88 Films Italian Restoration Project Part 2

88 Films is doing some crowdsourcing to restore 11 Days, 11 Nights and Beatrice Cenci.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/8...oject-part-2#/
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

So the first tier is £40, which even in a best case scenario will only get you two disks? 88 Films releases don't generally retail at that level, so I'm not inclined to back this. I also note caveats about BBFC certified versions, so I wonder if they're anticipating cuts to one one or both of these. Sadly, I can't ask that on indiegogo without backing the campaign.
    https://carnalcinema.blog

Comment

Originally posted by s.chivers View Post
      So the first tier is £40, which even in a best case scenario will only get you two disks? 88 Films releases don't generally retail at that level, so I'm not inclined to back this. I also note caveats about BBFC certified versions, so I wonder if they're anticipating cuts to one one or both of these. Sadly, I can't ask that on indiegogo without backing the campaign.
      Eleven Days Eleven Nights was passed UNCUT in 1999 by the BBFC & I reckon the Fulci film will get passed the BBFC UNCUT.

Comment

They're just covering their arses after Massacre in Dinosaur valley from a previous fund raiser had to be cut for animal violence when they had promised that all the films would be uncut.
        I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Why do they need to do this if Artus in France is also releasing a bd of BEATRICE CENCI and not asking for money like this?

Comment

Originally posted by s.chivers View Post
            So the first tier is £40, which even in a best case scenario will only get you two disks? 88 Films releases don't generally retail at that level, so I'm not inclined to back this.
            Well, I suppose best case is three discs ("Goal 5: We raise £100,000 so we can remaster a MYSTERY film in 2K for you,"), but yeah, can't say I'm inclined either.

Comment

easier option: just wait for severin to release them color corrected + uncut half a year later.

Comment

Originally posted by killer must kill again View Post
                easier option: just wait for severin to release them color corrected + uncut half a year later.

Absolutely! Learned my lesson after rebuying Severin's Beyond the Darkness, Absurd and Anthropophagus.

Comment

Did Severin produce their own transfers for those titles, or did they license them from 88?

Comment

they took them from 88 films I believe, same with burial ground.

Comment

Cool. Hopefully 88's project gets fully funded and Severin eventually puts out US releases too.

Comment

I don't get it. So it Could possibly end up costing you £40 for 11 days 11 nights if they don't reach goal 2. There is a lot of people with too. Much money out there.

Comment

According to the plan, £40 gets you a barebones BD of 11 Days, 11 Nights if they only hit the first goal. It's an interesting way to guarantee selling copies of titles that might otherwise be tough to move. They might have better luck fully funding projects with only one title, but I'm sure there's a reason for including two titles per project.

Comment

They're at 79% of their initial goal with 25 days to go. Looks like they'll do ok with this.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

So it looks like, wisely, they've changed the campaign so that the Fulci film is the first to get restored, not the D'Amato.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                              X