Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dark Force releasing Gates of Hell!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
    Gates of Hell/Psycho from Texas. Yours for 39.95 + shipping. Yeah, but now it glows in the dark! I can keep it by my bed to stop the monsters from molesting me.

The man has the biggest balls in the continental US.
    Where is this being sold? There's no listing for it on the Dark Force website.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
      That's not confusing at all.
      It is Code Red's world and I'll be damned if I can make heads or tails of it. (Seriously, I don't know why Dork Farce released this, when Scorpion is releasing it from a new 4K scan.)

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
        Where is this being sold? There's no listing for it on the Dark Force website.
        He announced the price on Facebook, it's not available yet.
        I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
          Walt mentioned on Facebook that the Italian lab has sent him the 4K scan of Gates of Hell/City of the Living Dead and they are going to start color correction and restoration for the Scorpion release.
          So glad I have the excellent Arrow limited edition. Would be funny to read all the angry comments after people have found out that Scorpion/Walt had once again fucked up the release like Opera, Terror Train and others.

Comment

What was wrong with Scorpion's releases?
            "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

The Italian track on OPERA is mono instead of stereo and it has dubtitles instead of proper subtitles. TERROR TRAIN's subtitles are out of sync and the 5.1 remix is supposedly messed up (but really, it is not the original audio anyway, so, as long as the original audio is present, I couldn't care less about a screwed up remix.)

Comment

So yeah, this is available now. $39.95 plus shipping.

https://darkforcesuperstore.com/driv...50-dark-force/

No thanks. At $20 I'd consider it because I do want Psycho From Texas, but no, not at that price.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Also that listing mentions this...

"THE GATES OF HELL brand new HD master created from a US theatrical 35mm print that has rich color and some lines and wear-running time is 93 minutes-aspect ratio 1.85:1"

But also mentions this.

"PSYCHO FROM TEXAS brand new high quality HD master created from only available source masters with extensive scene by scene color correction. Running time is 90 minutes. aspect ratio 1.78:1"

So they note that Gates is from a print but do NOT note the source for PFT, which is maybe reason to suspect this is going to be an upscale.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

And further to this, check out John's comparison here. Further reason to suspect an upscale on Psycho From Texas.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Busted.

Next live stream:

Flex. Heavy breathing. Flex.
                      'Fuckin maggot kids don't know nothin'
                      Flex. Heavy breathing. 'Uhhhhhhhh. Yeah.'
                      'I'll put a gun to your head you fuckin punk, it's a 1k High def scan'
                      Heavy breathing. 'Uhhhhhh. It's a collector's item! It glows!'
                      Bill explodes.
                      Heavy breathing. 'Uhhhhh. Cool.'

Comment

Nothing will top the extra on the old Chaos dvd. With Demon walking around the LA morgue flexing and talking about how if you smoke meth it allows demons to enter your body.

Comment

So I listened to all 90+ minutes of the latest Dark Force live stream which was an endurance test. Basically they're banging on about how much better the colours are on Psycho but, from what I can gather from the gibberish, it's not a new scan, so unless the original one was in HD, this ain't either. I think. It was all so random.

Great quote from the Demon:

'I've known a lot of tough guys in my day, and none of them collected Blu Rays'

...which makes most of us here pussies, or 'fairies' as his charming new phrase is. I used to think that the idea of toxic masculinity was just made up by a generation of sackless wonders but, no, Dave is a textbook example.

Comment

I think Dave Defalco is more of an example of a dumbass rather than toxic masculinity.
                            "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Toxic dumbass.

Comment

By the way, someone's been submitting some fantastic suggested edits to the Dark Force Facebook page. A few days ago they suggested that the email should be daviddefalcosmicropenis@gmail.com. Today, they are suggesting that the page category should be Sex Therapist.

Dark Force are far more entertaining than their movies, and it doesn't cost you 39.95.

Comment

Working...
                                X