Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dark Force releasing Gates of Hell!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Force releasing Gates of Hell!!!!!!!!

Everyone's new favourite label is releasing Fulci's Gates of Hell in a Drive in Double bill with another unnamed movie! Now we know why poor Walt was so upset at his brother. I would be too, because that kind of fucking is technically incest.

Some comedy gold from the Demon on Facebook.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...58542421434304

He doesn't know the runtime yet (shrewd move there) and apparently 'It's originally a drive-in movie'. Oh those wacky Italians and their well known drive-ins!

Take my money now...
    agent999
    Last edited by agent999; 03-16-2019, 05:21 AM.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Demon knows how to stick his dick in the fan blades alright.

Pretty sure GATES OF HELL trimmed a few minutes of exposition, I can't put my finger on the details without some effort though.
    Not sure if it really is, or Demon mentions the run time because he knows it will run shorter than Arrow's.

Poor Walt.
    https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

"Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

I was ever so mildly concerned Scorpion could pull of a release that would force me to buy another copy but now I'm super totally okay with Arrow's limited edition release (that I haven't watched as I haven't bought the proper machine yet).

Comment

Walt posted this on Scorpion's facebook page
          We are awaiting a brand new 4k scan that I have requested using my specification so I am still releasing it

Comment

Fucking clowns.

Comment

Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
              Walt posted this on Scorpion's facebook page
              With their shoddy encoding and constant serious QC fuck ups no way Scorpion can top Arrow's definitive release.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf A. View Post
                With their shoddy encoding and constant serious QC fuck ups no way Scorpion can top Arrow's definitive release.
                Agreed. At least it'll be an option for anyone who missed out on the Arrow limited release.

Comment

Comment

Didn't see that one coming...
                    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by anthony1138 View Post
                      Agreed. At least it'll be an option for anyone who missed out on the Arrow limited release.
                      That's me.
                      And the caps on the Arrow did not exactly make me cry I missed out.

Walt rejected a scan ( what Arrow used possibly? I have no idea )
                      but commissioned a new 4k which could easily best the existing scans.

Scorpion has had a relatively small handful of Blu's with issues.
                      All publishers do, it goes with the territory.

Personally really glad Scorpion is giving the film another scan and release. :up:

Doubling down on Scorpion's scan / transfer / encode having no shot at coming out on top is silly & without any factual justification.

The Dark Force release you can bank on being disappointing
                      https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

"BLOCKBUSTER NEWS!! You are looking at the inside of the telecine bay at Fotokem where the Demon and our top technician worked on the transfer and restoration on the US theatrical print for THE GATES OF HELL late Thursday night in Los Angeles. Here's the great news!! This US 35mm print we uncovered is incredible! The colors and contrast are so rich it looks like I.B. Tech!! And truly has that nostalgic drive-in feel and best of all THE GATES OF HELL main titles. Guaranteed this one will feature a whole different look and feel than previous releases. We are super excited about this and stay tuned for more explosive news on our huge #6 (666) Dark Force Drive-In release:
                        darkforcesuperstore.com"

Click image for larger version

Name:	54526040_347025275919350_2798355292822175744_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	355814
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by John Bernhard View Post
                          That's me.
                          And the caps on the Arrow did not exactly make me cry I missed out.

Walt rejected a scan ( what Arrow used possibly? I have no idea )
                          but commissioned a new 4k which could easily best the existing scans.

Scorpion has had a relatively small handful of Blu's with issues.
                          All publishers do, it goes with the territory.

Personally really glad Scorpion is giving the film another scan and release. :up:

Doubling down on Scorpion's scan / transfer / encode having no shot at coming out on top is silly & without any factual justification.

The Dark Force release you can bank on being disappointing
                          I like COTLD enough that I'd pick up Scorpion's release if it nudges out the Arrow. I think if it ends up being a little bit more colorful then I'd buy again. It will just depend on comparisons & whatever else is out I need at the time plus if I've finally broken down and bought that all reg bd player.

Comment

Anyone want to take bets that DF's release will be shorter than The Gates of Hell US theatrical cut and include unadvertised VHS inserts?

Comment

So DF announced on FB that the companion film is going to be Psycho From Texas.

"The #6 RETRO DRIVE-IN RELEASE from Dark Force Entertainment featuring THE GATES OF HELL for the first time the US theatrical version with Gates of Hell main title and created from a US 35mm print with unbelievable color and contrast. PLUS the co-hit for the first time on high def Blu-ray PSYCHO FROM TEXAS fully re-mastered and restored. AND Dark Force's patented "DRIVE-IN MODE" is being created by our local Cult Director DAMON PACKARD!"

https://www.facebook.com/15854242143...type=3&theater
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                              X