No announcement yet.

High Crime (Studio Canal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There seems to be a lot of different versions of this film. I saw this about 10 years ago in 35mm in Helsinki, with Castellari sitting almost next to me (or was that The Bronx Warriors screening, I forgot). I remember the great abrupt ending: SPOILER WARNING the film ended exactly when Nero got shot and had a brief flashback of his life. Curtains closed. I later found a version on YouTube which continued a few more seconds, showing that he had just imagined that and wasn't dead after all. I don't know which one is correct, but the 35mm ending was so abrupt (but absolutely great) that I even wondered if Castellari had told them to remove a few seconds from the print (IF they were there). He did not mention anything about it at the screening, though.

Comment

Coming 6/6/22 in the UK.

Extras:
      -Criminal Conversation - Enzo G. Castellari Remembers High Crime:
      -A newly filmed interview with the director of the film, exploring the production of the film 40 years ago.
      -The Scene of the Crime - An Interview with Roberto Girometti:
      -A newly filmed interview with the camera operator and long term collaborator of Castellari on his experiences from the film.
      -High and Dry - The Stuntwork of Massimo Vanni:
      -A new featurette on the creative stunt choreography for the film.

Click image for larger version

Name:	280091141_1666648333678379_2670619657378319796_n.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	392226
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

But is it still missing the final shootout?
        "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

What about the German release that just came out?

Comment

Originally posted by ChicGandil View Post
            What about the German release that just came out?
            It's uncut.

Comment

Studio Canal's UK releases/reissues have generally been pretty solid over the past few years, so it would seem absolutely ridiculous for them to put out a sought-after movie with a huge chunk missing, but.... that's what they did in France, so my expectations for this one are not high.

If the German release is English-friendly, it could be a good alternative.....?
              https://breakfastintheruins.blogspot.com/
              http://stereosanctity.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Raf A. View Post

It's uncut.
                Cool!

And yeah, it's English friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by BW Haggar View Post
                  Studio Canal's UK releases/reissues have generally been pretty solid over the past few years, so it would seem absolutely ridiculous for them to put out a sought-after movie with a huge chunk missing, but.... that's what they did in France, so my expectations for this one are not high.

If the German release is English-friendly, it could be a good alternative.....?
                  I'm hoping someone will release this with English subs for the Italian audio.

Comment

From Blue Underground's FB page:

"Coming Soon to 4K UHD, Blu-ray, and DVD for the first time ever in America! World Premiere of brand-new 2024 Dolby Vision HDR 4K restoration of the complete uncensored version from the Original Camera Negative!

(NOTE: The last reel of the OCN has mysteriously disappeared, so the last 10 minutes of the film were restored from the best available 35mm print. It still looks pretty good!)"

Click image for larger version

Name:	435251833_916174260391410_4561837370087978968_n.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	430359
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

have been waiting for this one

Comment

Wow, something new from Blue Underground. I really like the film and Castellari so easy buy for me.
                        "His lives inside of his own heart. That's an awful big place to live in."
                        -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Sling Blade' (1996)

"Some roads you shouldn't go down."
                        -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)

Comment

Finally!!

Comment

Working...
                          X