Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jose Ramon Larraz Set - Blood Hunger (Arrow Video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mjeon View Post
    Call me sentimental, but Coming of Sin will always be Violation of the Bitch for me.
    That was the first version I ever bought. It was a PAL tape I acquired in England (I believe in Blackpool), featuring Nina Hartley on the cover!
    VHS will never die!

Comment

Does anyone know who composed the score for Coming of sin/Violation?

Comment

"Whirlpool" is a great movie. One of the best films I've seen about the dangers of voyeurism.

Comment

The second dvd release of Vampyres from Blue Underground had a photo gallery of Anulka that didn't carry over to either blu-ray. I could have sworn that this gallery included Anulka's Playboy nude photos. I sold off the dvd long ago, but recently picked up a used copy off Ebay to reaquire this lost extra. However, said gallery only had a few photos, all very tame, no nudity. Anyone remember the nudes or was I just imagining this? It's driving me crazy...

Comment

Originally posted by VinceP View Post
            The second dvd release of Vampyres from Blue Underground had a photo gallery of Anulka that didn't carry over to either blu-ray. I could have sworn that this gallery included Anulka's Playboy nude photos. I sold off the dvd long ago, but recently picked up a used copy off Ebay to reaquire this lost extra. However, said gallery only had a few photos, all very tame, no nudity. Anyone remember the nudes or was I just imagining this? It's driving me crazy...
            I have the 2004 release, and there's a "cheeky" pic of her on a stool, but that's it. Maybe you were remembering the "Poster & Still Gallery" extra, which features ample nudity.
            VHS will never die!

Comment

Originally posted by Lorne Marshall View Post
              I have the 2004 release, and there's a "cheeky" pic of her on a stool, but that's it. Maybe you were remembering the "Poster & Still Gallery" extra, which features ample nudity.
              Yeah, I saw all those. Those were nudes from the movie. What I remember were pinup photo shoot pics. I'm thinking now it might have even been an easter egg hidden somewhere. I tried clicking around on everything in the menus and didn't find anything.

Comment

Hey Vince, I checked each "Title" on the DVD using my Daewoo player, and I did not come across any easter eggs.
                VHS will never die!

Comment

Originally posted by Lorne Marshall View Post
                  Hey Vince, I checked each "Title" on the DVD using my Daewoo player, and I did not come across any easter eggs.
                  Thanks, I appreciate it. Guess I'm just losing it.

Comment

Apparently this is $48 shipped from Diabolik (they are having a sale on Arrow titles.)

Comment

I bought this set when it came out but for whatever reason only just got around to Whirlpool. Liked it well enough without loving it, a ton of atmosphere and sexual tension in search of any sort of compelling plot (and I say this as someone perfectly content with a Jess Franco fever-dream non-plot; this just went nowhere).

I did enjoy Roger Ebert's uptight one-star review; it's hypocritical and sanctimonious especially considering that this was several months after Beyond the Valley of the Dolls came out, but there's always something charming in an irrelevant curmudgeonly way when he takes up his scolding tone toward sleaze, like it's something he felt he had to perform for the imagined sensibilities of his newspaper readership or TV audience. Anyway, Rog goes off here: https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/whirlpool-1970

Comment

I never quite got why Ebert has no issues with LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT (which he gave a positive review to) then came later down really hard on the FRIDAY THE 13th movies, which are Hanna-Barbera by comparison.

Comment

Because he's a hypocritical fuck. Just look at his review of The Howling. I am on my phone so google that shit for a laugh.
                          "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

I loved Whirlpool, surprisingly sleazy.

I never saw why people rated Ebert so highly, I don't think his style was anything special. His handful of Meyer scripts are fun but pretty sanctimonious, he didn't have the balls to put his name to most of them. David Lynch was right to use his negative review as positive publicity for Lost Highway, film lovers know that professional reviews aren't worth a wank. I'd take the opinion of anyone here more seriously than someone that's paid to review films.
                            I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

You don't read Ebert for his opinions on genre movies, he was the guy to listen to when it came to high quality dramas; he turned me on to countless excellent non-genre flicks that I otherwise would've ignored; when he gave something four stars it meant something. I never paid attention to his casual dismissal of horror and exploitation, it's really another world that he didn't understand and that's OK with me (although he was brilliant at making fun of bad movies too).
                              Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Joe Dante reviews WHIRLPOOL - https://trailersfromhell.com/joe-dan...cks-whirlpool/

Comment

Working...
                                X