Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Severin Films Releasing All The Colors Of Giallo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severin Films Releasing All The Colors Of Giallo!

From FB:

On Friday we announced that we'll be releasing Sergio Martino's Giallo masterpiece ALL THE COLORS OF THE DARK on Black Friday. For those unfamiliar with the subgenre, 'Giallo' is Italian for 'yellow', the color of the lurid pulp novels that inspired one of the most intense, extreme and influential genres in movie history. As a companion to Martino's film, we'll also be releasing a 3-disc set entitled ALL THE COLORS OF GIALLO, featuring a black-gloved barrage of trailers, featurettes, music and more! There is even a disc devoted to Krimi films, the German cousin to the Giallo. PLUS! Exclusively as part of our Black Friday sale you can pick up a limited edition dual slip case so you can house ALL THE COLORS OF THE DARK and ALL THE COLORS OF GIALLO together. It's time to turn Black Friday into Yellow Friday! Full details and artwork below.

DISC ONE:
    *Over 4 Full Hours of Giallo Trailers
    *All the Colors of Giallo - A New Feature Length Documentary By Federico Caddeo
    *The Giallo Frames - Interview With John Martin, Editor Of 'The Giallo Pages'
    *Audio Commentary On Every Trailer with Kat Ellinger, Author of 'All The Colors Of Sergio Martino'

DISC TWO:
    *Kriminal! - 90 Minute Krimi Trailer Compilation
    *The Case Of The Krimi - Interview With Film Historian Marcus Stiglegger

DISC THREE:
    *The Strange Sounds Of The Bloodstained Films - Bonus CD of Giallo Themes Compiled By Alfonso Carrillo of RENDEZVOUS! From The Archives Of BEAT Records Company. Remastered By Claudio Fuiano.

Click image for larger version

Name:	45890802_10161154457925038_7786381133297483776_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	369495
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Blu?
    DVD & CD?

No black gloves on a keychain?

It does look rather essential...damn you Severin. Damn you.
    https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

Just a glorified trailer compilation (the lowest form of home entertainment release), an easy pass for me. I mean, 5 1/2 hours of trailers? I'd sooner watch jizz dry.
      agent999
      Last edited by agent999; 11-12-2018, 05:01 PM.
      I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
        Just a glorified trailer compilation (the lowest form of home entertainment release), an easy pass for me. I mean, 5 1/2 hours of trailers? I'd sooner watch jizz dry.
        Wow. To each their own, of course, but I LOVE trailer comps.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

easy pass. stiglegger is the german equivalent of troy howarth and calum waddel ... but I think jason c will like him (sorry jason ).

Comment

Amazing looking set. I love trailer comps and I'm sure the Marcus Stiglegger interview will be riveting.

Comment

999 has me thinking.....hmmm

I luv trailers, and trailers with commentary can be a plus if well done.

Seems like the Interview With Film Historian Marcus Stiglegger is a small part of the set....
              but jesus if the Dr Danger & TH comparisons are anywhere near accurate, I best be skipping that bit.

Biggest ?? is where are these trailers coming from?
              If they are nice remastered ones like we got from Synapse or the outrageously good Trailer Trauma Blu's...yes.

But I doubt they will be.
              They are gonna be grabbing material from everywhere ( DVD / VHS ),
              assuming all trailers are PD ( are they? ), quality will be possibly all over the place.
              If that's is the case, I can pass.
              John Bernhard
              Last edited by John Bernhard; 11-13-2018, 12:53 PM. Reason: additional speculation added
              https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

Are we not expecting ALL THE COLORS OF THE DARK to have a new improved transfer over what's available. Shouldn't that alone make this set worthwhile?

Comment

I was under the impression that all the colors of the dark is going to be a separate release(?)

Originally posted by John Bernhard View Post
                  Seems like the Interview With Film Historian Marcus Stiglegger is a small part of the set....
                  but jesus if the Dr Danger & TH comparisons are anywhere near accurate, I best be skipping that bit.
                  you can check this out and decide for yourself. "fick ist the german word for fuck" :cuckoo:

I managed to grab that crazy-expenisve german footprints on the moon release for cheap early this year. it features a very cringey stiglegger interview + I suffered through one of his commentaries for one of the camera obscura giallo blu's (can't remember which one).

Comment

Seems like the interview with John Martin would be good. I vaguely remember the magazine being pretty interesting. I think I only had one issue, though.

I like trailers but would never sit through 4 hours of them so I'll pass on this but may pick it up in the future, if available. I like soundtracks, too, but I never seem to remember that they are in the Blu-ray cases so they largely go unplayed since they're not near my cd collection.

Comment

John Martin, that's a name I haven't heard in a while.
                      "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Amazon Prime Video is offering this free:

https://www.amazon.com/All-Colors-Gi...v%2C193&sr=1-1

The capsule synopsis is taken from the first half of the listing for the Blu-ray on their website:

"'Giallo' is Italian for 'yellow', the color of the lurid pulp novels that inspired one of the most intense, extreme and influential genres in movie history. In this unprecedented collection, experience the full chronological evolution of giallo with more than 100 rare and classic trailers from such masters as Mario Bava, Dario Argento, Lucio Fulci, Sergio Martino, Antonio Margheriti, Umberto Lenzi and many more."

Unfortunately, their description is inaccurate, as instead of the trailers, you only get the actual featurette called "All the Colors of Giallo," which is...okay.
                          VHS will never die!

Comment

Working...
                          X