No announcement yet.

Arrow Video Future Releases (2018 list)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow Video Future Releases (2018 list)

Not quite sure if this is the right section but here goes, a list (including quite a few Euro films) of what we know as future releases from Arrow (copied from Blu-Ray Forum). You can make your own threads for all the confirmed titles. The Doris Wishman and William Grefé bit was confirmed in the Something Weird Video Fan Club Facebook group this morning.

With the heads-up for Friday's announcements presumably imminent, I thought I'd recap the confirmed titles and hints. For various reasons we know an unusual amount of unannounced Arrow titles at the moment, but hopefully they still have a few surprises left up their sleeve for the remainder of the year (though I expect a number of the below, like the Wishman and Grefe sets, will be 2019 releases). Let me know if I've missed anything out:

CONFIRMED (either by Arrow or reliable sources)

Twelve Monkeys (confirmed by Arrow - probably UK only)

Elvira: Mistress of the Dark (confirmed by Arrow)

Deadbeat at Dawn (confirmed by Arrow)

The Baby (confirmed by Arrow)

Gasper Noe's Climax (confirmed by Arrow - UK only)

The Iguana with the Tongue of Fire (confirmed by Arrow at HorrorCon UK)

Schramm (confirmed by Arrow at Texas Frightfest - UK only)

Candyman (New 4K Restoration) (confirmed by Bernard Rose, probably UK only)

'H.G. Lewis treatment' for Doris Wishman and William Grefé (confirmed by Lisa Petrucci of Something Weird Video)

Dark August (BBFC listing - presumably coming in the next AHP set, which is looking like a Sep/Oct release)

Sister Street Fighter Trilogy (confirmed by Marc Walkow)

Roy Colt and Winchester Jack (Scalarama listing - UK only)

Four Times That Night (Scalarama listing - UK only)

Five Women for the Killer (Scalarama listing)

A Fistful of Fingers (confirmed by Edgar Wright)

Heathers (confirmed by launchingfilms.com distributor listing)

Several José Ramí³n Larraz films, including Vampyres and a late 80s title (Jared from Mondo Macabro leak - based on past licencing, it's possible they have four - Vampyres, Black Candles, Deadly Manor and Stigma)

A Guillermo Del Toro title (Frightfest press release; likely Cronos or Crimson Peak, and almost certainly UK only)

SPECULATION

Torso (Easter/April Fool's tease, would be US only)

Waterworld (Easter/April Fool's tease, probably UK only)

There appear to be at least two titles left from Arrow's current (previous?) deal with Toei - the two could well be Wolves, Pigs and Men and Hokoriku Proxy War based on this

An early Brian De Palma set (containing Greetings, Hi Mom!, and The Wedding Party) - Not the best source perhaps, but substantiated by this tweet from Anthony Nield (note as well his coy response to the relevant guess)

This tweet from Fran Simeoni:

One of the 'first to Blu-ray' titles is likely The Case of the Scorpion's Tail; if the other isn't Death Smiles on a Murderer, we're still awaiting it. Given the Easter/April Fool's tease, and the Martino link, perhaps the 'old favourite in 4K' is Torso.

Halloween (probably UK only) (teased by Calum Waddell; possibly substantiated by Fran Simeoni's boast that Arrow had secured two of their biggest ever titles, one of which had to be subsequently dropped, though there's no reason to think he was referring to Halloween in this particular instance, if indeed he is referring to Halloween at all)

A couple of slashers are in the works according to this report from a forum member who attended Arrow's panel at Texas Frightfest:

Here's a quote from Jared [Mondo Macabro] on bluray.com

"I don't think it will be Black Candles or Stigma, but I don't know for sure. What I do know is that they are working on a box set of Larraz's films from all across his career. Just found out about another much requested late 70s title that I am quite jealous they got. As well as an early film that's been "missing" for a long time. Pretty sure they will have Vampyres and Deadly Manor, but take with a grain of salt."

My money is on 'Whirlpool', could also be 'La muerte incierta', the 70's title could be 'The Violation of the Bitch' (1978) a.k.a. 'The Coming of Sin'.

Comment

Most excited for this:
      H.G. Lewis treatment' for Doris Wishman and William Grefé (confirmed by Lisa Petrucci of Something Weird Video)

I would love a boxset of Wishman's films similar to the HG Lewis one, that would be a dream come true actually, hi-def transfers of all her B/W classics.

Comment

Great news about the Wishman and Grefe sets, but I'm quite surprised that Arrow are doing them. It took them long enough to shift the HGL set, and that was with heavy discounting. Hopefully they'll have a sensible price point straight out of the gate.
        I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

The Iguana with the Tongue of Fire
          Not a good giallo, truth be told, but I love the scene in which a furious, nearly apoplectic Anton Diffring goes off on his wife. ("You bitch! Bitch! BITCH!!!")

Cracks me up.

Comment

I think I saw that Street Mobster will be out in August 2018. I see it was posted in the Asian section...

I'm definitely in on H.P.War!
            Keeth
            Last edited by Keeth; 05-25-2018, 01:25 PM.

Comment

I'm definitely keen on the Larraz boxset, and possibly the Wishman box if "Let Me Die A Woman" is part of it.

Comment

Working...
              X