The Cannibal Holocaust Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fatboyslim142 View Post
    Why didn't Grindhouse Releasing just do what Shameless have done with both Cannibal Holocaust & Four Flies on Grey Velvet?
    Because it appears that it's not supposed to be in the movie. This isn't just some missing footage; the alternate "Last Road to Hell" is truly an alternate sequence, which explains why the on-screen title in that footage is also different. It's an oddity, to be sure, and one that I don't think has ever been given a satisfying explanation for its existence. That said, it appears that the alternate version only appeared on certain prints, but is not on the original negative (again, taking Grindhouse at their word on this). Given all of that, while it may have been interesting to give the option of inserting the footage via seamless branching, it's just not that meaningful in my estimation.

Comment

• Originally posted by fatboyslim142 View Post
      Where on the Shameless release (I have the Blu-ray) is the complete Last Road to Hell sequence?
      I had read elsewhere that it was included but checking the specs I don't see any sign of it. Sorry, should have double checked.

Comment

• I fully expect the Grindhouse disc to smoke the Shameless disc (and in turn the French disc that seems to share the same transfer, or at least share it's flaws) in the video department. Those discs were waxy as hell.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I would prefer those few seconds from Last Road to Hell being edited into the movie even if they are of a lesser quality. It definitely loses some of the intended effect with those few seconds gone. It's one of those moments that make you really think "Is that real or did they fake it?"
          "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
            I would prefer those few seconds from Last Road to Hell being edited into the movie even if they are of a lesser quality. It definitely loses some of the intended effect with those few seconds gone. It's one of those moments that make you really think "Is that real or did they fake it?"
            If anyone does release the UNCUT version with the 10 secs, then it'll definitely be the Scandinavians.

Comment

• While im satisfied with their dvd release of the movie, ill have to get this one just for the carl yorke commentary cause he's so damn entertaining to listen to. With that said, the cover art sucks

Comment

• I didn't realize it had a new commentary. He seems like an interesting guy. I like the cover art, it looks like it belongs on the cover of Deep Red or Gorezone.

Anyone know if this has subtitles for the Spanish-speaking scene? It always bugged me that it didn't have subs.
                "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
                  I didn't realize it had a new commentary. He seems like an interesting guy. I like the cover art, it looks like it belongs on the cover of Deep Red or Gorezone.

Anyone know if this has subtitles for the Spanish-speaking scene? It always bugged me that it didn't have subs.
                  According to blu-ray.com he is joined by francesca ciardi so thats gotta be interesting cause according to him, there was tension between them cause he didnt have sex with her in jungle.

Comment

• Double post
                    Consigliere
                    Last edited by Consigliere; 05-12-2014, 11:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nabonga View Post
                      Call me old sour pants but i hate that cover. Surely they must have reversible original poster art or something.
                      They do have revesible art but you are not going to like it either....it's an uncensored ( topless ) version of the main cover ala the CORRUPTION disc.
                      https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Fuck! It would've been a perfect release. I wonder why they commissioned such cack? I'll still buy it but it bugs me greatly.
                        https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

• I might be in the minority but I dig it. I liked the Corruption and Mad Foxes artwork too.
                          It's all in the reflexes.

Comment

• To each their own but this is a genre defining masterpiece and should at least have original artwork (from back when it was released I mean) as an option. The most important thing is a good transfer and good extras and they sure deliver on that. I'll just have to live with that minor sting in my heart whenever I take it out of the movie shelf for viewing. To me it's absolute sacrilege.

Comment

• So it would seem that this is the entire list of extras:

DVD Extras

DISC 1
                              *Main feature
                              - Regular version
                              - Cruelty-free version
                              *Audio Options
                              - Dolby Digital stereo re-mix English language soundtrack
                              - Original mono soundtrack
                              - Audio commentary by director Ruggero Deodato and star Robert Kerman
                              - Audio commentary by stars Carl Yorke and Francesca Ciardi
                              *Alternate scene
                              - LAST ROAD TO HELL - alternate version (1:44) - SD
                              *Trailers
                              - ITALIAN TRAILER (3:06) (SD)
                              - GERMAN TRAILER (2:11) (SD)
                              - INTERNATIONAL TRAILER (3:06) (HD)
                              - US ORIGINAL RELEASE TRAILER (1:25) (HD)
                              - US RE-RELEASE TRAILER (1:55) (HD)
                              *Easter eggs:
                              - Piranha (:42) - SD
                              - Deodato discusses censorship (1:33)
                              - NECROPHAGIA "Cannibal Holocaust" music video, directed by Jim Van Bebber (7:00
                              - Salvo and the cannibals (:32 )
                              - Columbian taxi driver (1:07)
                              DISC 2
                              *Interviews
                              - RUGGERO DEODATO - RUMBLE IN THE JUNGLE (58:24)
                              - ROBERT KERMAN EXPOSED (35:35)
                              - ALAN YATES UNCOVERED (56:12)
                              - FRANCESCA CIARDI - QUEEN OF THE CANNIBALS (38:15)
                              - ROBERTO FORGES DAVANZATI: BLOOD ON THE CAMERA LENS (12:27)
                              - SALVO BASILE INTERVIEW, January 8, 2014, COLUMBIA (30:29)
                              - RIZ ORTOLANI INTERVIEW, APRIL 15, 2003, ROME (4:58)
                              - FRANCESCA Q&A GLASGOW, OCTOBER 2010 (11:12)
                              - RUGGERO DEODADO PANEL: CINEMA WASTELAND 2011 (28:17)
                              - YORKE AND DEODADO REUNION APRIL 18, 2009 (10:21)
                              *Still Galleries
                              - Production Stills (98 stills)
                              - Behind the Scenes (36 stills)
                              - Promotional materials
                              - Italy (24 stills)
                              - Germany (21 stills)
                              - Spain (15 stills)
                              - Japan (11 stills)
                              - Various (48 stills)
                              - Video releases (65 stills)
                              - Mondo Cannibal (68 stills)
                              *Easter Eggs:
                              - On The Trail (1:30)
                              - Cannibal Holocaust Comes to Canada (7:12)
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Now those are some tasty, tasty extras!

Comment

Working...
                                X