X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Horace Cordier

• Horace Cordier
    replied
    I had a friend who can read French check out the one customer review but it didn't really give him any info (though its 5 stars). Damn, I'm almost willing to pull the trigger on this sight un-fucking-seen. Especially with Amazon France's Star Trek Transporter powered shipping which will probably put the disc in my paws before lunch.:up:

Decisions. Decisions.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    So the French release is now available. Anyone have any dirt on it?

Leave a comment:

• Mike T
    replied
    As I figured. Anyway...we all know what the answer would be, from both the lemmings and the boy: "People are allowed to change their minds...especially when money's involved". ;)

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Coed

• Kevin Coed
    replied
    If I could stomach posting at Cult Labs I would do so myself..... Just going anywhere near that place makes me feel ill..

Leave a comment:

• Mike T
    replied
    Originally posted by Kevin Coed View Post
    Has he been pulled up on this anywhere recently? Does he still post at Cult Labs? Would be interesting to see how he responded to it now.
    Off you go, Kev! We'll wait with bated breath as to your findings. And don't forget to CC a copy to Gordon Booker c/o Allan Bryce, purely for the record of course... ;)

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Coed

• Kevin Coed
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike T View Post
    But you never do. ;) Anyway...what is it they say about watching what you write on the internet as things have a way of coming back and haunting you?

http://www.cultmovieforums.com/forum...0193#post20193

Post #82 onwards makes for some interesting reading indeed. :up:
    Has he been pulled up on this anywhere recently? Does he still post at Cult Labs? Would be interesting to see how he responded to it now.

Leave a comment:

• Mike T
    replied
    Don't get me started on that prick....
    But you never do. ;) Anyway...what is it they say about watching what you write on the internet as things have a way of coming back and haunting you?

http://www.cultmovieforums.com/forum...0193#post20193

Post #82 onwards makes for some interesting reading indeed. :up:

Leave a comment:

• george n

• george n
    replied
    I figured it was an intentional thing.I just hoped it was a mistake and that they may rectify it.Not the end of the world but still a dissapointment

Leave a comment:

• Mike T
    replied
    Originally posted by george n View Post
    ...anybody else know why Shameless put Italian and English audio on the dvd and not on the Bluray?
    I'm not Kev, but I can give you an educated guess George, based on what I know of niche UK companies! I'd hazard the guess that, with the DVD being PAL (in turn attributable of a 4% speed-up) and the Blu-ray being Blu-ray (normally 1080/24p, except when labels bugger that up) they've possibly determined it "too much hassle" to try and sync the PAL audio back to 24fps HD.

Most common thing I've seen, with a LOT of the UK niche labels where there's alternate audio available (ie: DTS track, alternate language), is that if the disc's intended as PAL and they only have an audio source from an NTSC master - invariably they'll just do a standards conversion on the film (NTSC-PAL), with all the troubles that creates, to get the audio to match up. Arrow have also done this with a lot of their DVD releases (cf: their Russ Meyer films, Pervert!, first pressing of Dawn of the Dead etc), as did Anchor Bay UK when they found it necessary to add faux-DD5.1 and DTS tracks (often just the mono audio phased through all six channels) to EVERYTHING they released.

You'd be amazed how often standards conversions, and shoddy ones at that, show up with a number of UK labels. However, you seldom if ever see the reverse; thus, rather than do a bit of fiddling to get the PAL-sourced audio and subtitle stream to match up against the HD version I'm guessing they just copped out and dropped it completely...either that, or they didn't have the Italian track in a quality that could have made the transition to HD.
    Last edited by Mike T; 10-03-2011, 07:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• george n

• george n
    replied
    Hi Kev,i asked on lovelock&load but nobody responded,but do you,or anybody else know why Shameless put Italian and English audio on the dvd and not on the Bluray?Im guessing it was a mistake/accident as Shameless have a pretty good track record(well i think so anyway).Surely it was not intentional.Its just a bit of a pain because the italian audio was the reason why i was willing to look past the cuts annd pick up the blu ray.I have a couple nice uncut dvds but with english audio only

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Coed

• Kevin Coed
    replied
    Originally posted by Horace Cordier View Post
    Good grief. Is it possible to escape this man and his hackwork?

http://www.avmaniacs.com/forums/show...t=reviews+piss

Leave a comment:

• Horace Cordier

• Horace Cordier
    replied
    Originally posted by george n View Post
    Grindhouse releasing have people working on extras for their 'upcoming' br (when ever that might be).Calum waddel who does a lot of the extras for arrow runs a business called 'high rising productions' and on their website it sayd what extras they worked on(starcrash,arrow releases etc) and on the list it says extras for the upcoming blu ray from grindhouse.God knows when that will be released though
    Good grief. Is it possible to escape this man and his hackwork?

http://www.avmaniacs.com/forums/show...t=reviews+piss

Unless Waddell has had a brain transplant recently he HATES this film. The above link was in reference to the man's lousy interview in 2006. In addition to being a lousy writer and name-dropper extraordinaire it appears he is adding rampant hypocrisy to his list. The "girlfriend" he references in the Deodato interview is responsible for a great amount of High Rising's work so it seems that they BOTH have now decided that they are going to ditch their high moral values regarding animal rights to work on extras for this film. Wow. Its bad enough when these two mess with stuff like THE FUNHOUSE with their poorly executed extras but letting them loose on CH is a crime against a grindhouse classic.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Obviously Mad Ron's came out from a different label.

Leave a comment:

• Jimmy Simard

• Jimmy Simard
    replied
    and this is the ones listed on the I Drink Your Blood release...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Blood.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	338252

Leave a comment:

• Mike T
    replied
    In honour of the fallen, here's Grindhouse's "coming attractions" list from their original Cannibal Holocaust 2-disc set...

...though we got a few, there's a few notable by their absence since they were announced all those years ago...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X