Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike T
    replied
    True, true. Btw, wasn't Grindhouse's version authored from a HD master? I can't remember...all I know is that I was disappointed that it was interlaced when I finally got it. But was thrilled to little bits with the entire remainder of the package.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Interesting. Sounds like Shameless left the audio portion of the muskrat scene intact and used alternate footage underneath it. Probably as close as it's going to get uncut in the UK anytime soon. Good for them for pushing the issue.

It'll be interesting to see how Deodato's new cut turns out and what extras are included.

Leave a comment:

• Mike T
    replied
    Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
    So does that mean the other animal violence is left intact?
    Yes. I've been following this one, as there's a LOT of hoopla and spin been attached to it (inclusive of Deodato preparing a "brand new" 2011 Director's cut...that excludes and/or lessens considerably the animal violence that he put in there in the first place back in 77/78 when he shot the film). Apparently, the BBFC were consulted extensively this time and they assessed that, with external assistance, the remainder of the animal slaughter didn't breach the Animal Cruelty Act due to the fact that the turtle, monkey and pig all would have been dead instantly. By evaluation they've determined that no additional suffering occurred -- which would probably be correct as nothing "lives" for more than a few seconds or "feels" anything once the head's off. Nerve-endings and receptors to the brain have been severed. TBH, most of that ghastly scene with the turtle was involuntary reaction...

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    15 seconds is a whole lot less than I figured they'd chop for it - but you know what? If it's coming out cut in the UK, it's probably coming out uncut somewhere else sooner rather than later, so I bet a lot of people will wait. That said, for British fans, this is obviously a pretty big deal and I'm glad for them that the BBFC is finally starting to loosen up on things.

I noticed this:

"Company was required to remove a scene of unsimulated animal cruelty (in this case, a small mammal being killed with a knife), in accordance with BBFC Guidelines and policy."

So does that mean the other animal violence is left intact?

Leave a comment:

• Mike T
    started a topic The Cannibal Holocaust Thread!

The Cannibal Holocaust Thread!

Never thought I'd read it in my lifetime, but...

Cannibal Holocaust @ the BBFC

...they finally realised that, once something's head comes off or is shot at point blank range, there is no undue suffering as the critter is already dead. On top of that, I think they finally figured out that the rest of it (the human deaths and stuff) was fake... :up:

Now...let the internet hoopla and bullsh*t begin! ;)

PS: I know this is a BIG moment in censorship for UK genre fans, BUT...see if it isn't treated like the second coming of Christ online until the BDs and DVDs actually hit shelves. Time for me to switch off the internet for a few months...
Working...
X