Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let The Corpses Tan

From twitter:

"Anonymous films in collaboration with @lechatquifume will propose a BluRay edition crammed with contents of the film "Let the Corpses tan" and this is good news because for the moment only a DVD version was planned. Released in September in limited quantity. "

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5827212/

Click image for larger version

Name:	DZ1sV5IWkAAN1Cf.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	369198

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Let the Corpses Tan

Looks good!
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

It wasn't.

Mediocre at best. Though I really didn't like their nouveau-Giallo The strange colour of your bodys tears either. This was better then that, but still waaaay to much homage style which makes the film annoyingly slow.
      "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

This is getting a US theatrical release via Kino Lorber on 8/31. I suspect they'll have the home video rights as well.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Looks great, I'm seeing this next month on the 17th!
            "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

I really enjoyed it. It seems to have been a bit polarising, but I enjoyed it a lot. It has Homage written across it in broad strokes, I attended a screening with the makers of the movie, and this was wholly intended. If you are into the films it is paying homage too, you should enjoy it. Well, I did anyway.

Comment

Good to hear, stinty, I'm very much looking forward to it.

Comment

Just got back from seeing this at the Alamo, I enjoyed this a lot. This felt like what a modern Italian film should feel like if they kept evolving the aesthetic from the '70s.

I agree with stinty, it's a homage in broad strokes. But the strokes are great! This really hit all my spots.

Comment

"like what a modern Italian film should feel like if they kept evolving the aesthetic from the '70s." Wow- that sounds great! When is the US blu ray release?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike DiRoma View Post
                      "like what a modern Italian film should feel like if they kept evolving the aesthetic from the '70s." Wow- that sounds great! When is the US blu ray release?
                      Came out this week via Kino. Light on extras, just a commentary and a trailer, but the transfer and the audio are both excellent.

I really, really liked this. Scott sums it up well though I really got a strong Franco vibe from this as well as the obvious Italian influences. I also thought it felt like a Fernando Arrabal movie in spots as well. I won't pretend I got all of the metaphors and symbolism on the first watch, though I did get quite a bit of it. Loved the visuals. Yeah, the plot isn't much so I can see why some would be put off here but for me it was enough.

Also the lady cop was planed by Marilyn Jess!
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Watched this last night. It's incredible and possibly Cattet and Forzani's best one yet. It would've been amazing to see on the big screen.
                        Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Working...
                        X