Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Violent Professionals

Coming May 1st from Code Red!
    Brand New HD Scan and Color Correction by Code Red!
    Spine Number: 159

The Violent Professional (1973) Starring Luc Merenda, Richard Conte and Silvano Tranquilli - Directed by Sergio Martino

Tough cop Giorgio (Luc Merenda, Kidnap Syndicate, Torso) doesn't like to play by the rules, going as far as gunning down a ruthless criminal in broad daylight. After he's suspended from the force and his boss is murdered, he goes on a brutal undercover dive into the criminal underworld to expose a criminal organization with no respect for authority. Starring Richard Conte (The Godfather, Cry of the City) with a powerhouse score by the great composers Guido and Maurizio De Angelis (Street Law, The Big Racket), this blistering Italian crime classic blazes onto Blu-ray with every car chase and gunshot more mind-blowing than ever. Directed by cult filmmaker Sergio Martino (Hands of Steel, The Great Alligator, Screamers).

Distributed by Kino Lorber

Click image for larger version

Name:	738329217532.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	368288
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

This is a surprisingly boring flick, especially considering that Martino's films are usually so fast-paced. It's just very average.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
      This is a surprisingly boring flick, especially considering that Martino's films are usually so fast-paced. It's just very average.
      Agreed! I never understood the hype it got. It has a very nice sounding title though.
      "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Count me in as another one who thought this average. And Merenda, pah.

Comment

I had the dvd. I sold it but watched it before shipping it off & didn't find the film to be very interesting. I can't remember why other than just not all that exciting for what I want out of an Italian crime flick.

Comment

Wow, cant believe the hate this is getting. Really like this one. Lots of cool action and intrigue. Features an amazing shoot-out on a train with two sweaty madmen, that really has to be seen to be believed. Great ending, too!

Comment

I'm getting this one soon regardless its reputation. I want more Eurocrime from Kino/Scorpion/Code Red.

Comment

Originally posted by willpak View Post
                Wow, cant believe the hate this is getting.
                Definitely not hate, for me at least. Just one of those "failed to live up to its hype" things.
                "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Amazon has a pre-order page up for this with a 5/1/18 release date.

https://amzn.to/2GeJwlt
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                  X