No announcement yet.

Jess franco on 4k blu ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know off-hand if the Ascot Elite Blu-ray of Franco's ILSA/GRETA is uncut and decent quality?

Comment

Originally posted by Marshall Crist View Post
      Does anyone know off-hand if the Ascot Elite Blu-ray of Franco's ILSA/GRETA is uncut and decent quality?
      Yes and yes. Also has English dub and or German with English subs option.

Comment

I saw this thread and I thought "that's silly Franco would be shooting in 16mm and you're just not going to get a different picture by adding pixels." Then I looked up a few of his films and imdb claimed all of them to be shot in 35mm. Was Franco really shooting in 35mm?! That just totally fails to fit my world view in the way few things do. Still think 4k is nuts for home use (and I'm sure we'll have 8k soon enough) but I guess if he's shooting 35mm his films are as good for it as anyones...
        "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Yeah, I think most of Franco's films were shot on 35mm. Some of the later ones were shot on video, but I can't think of any offhand that were 16mm.

Also, thanks for the tip on ILSA/GRETA. Biggest surprise on the disc was the trailer for BLUE RITA. Where has this film been all my life? Bought it and loved it.

Comment

Working...
          X