No announcement yet.

Thriller: They Call Her One Eye Gets New 4k Restortation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's hoping they have a special feature where they speed up the slomo scenes by 400%.

Comment

The Synapse disc is released it seems. Fredzilla (swedish blogger, etc) posted on Instagram the other day he'd received his.
      https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
        They may just leave each other alone and let the market decide like Blue Underground and Media Blasters did with Zombie many years ago.
        The Zombi 2/Zombie situation was unique, as the copyright situation meant that they were legally considered two different things, as crazy as that sounds. The only way something similar would be possible here would be if there was a registration of trademarks and copyright for Thriller AND They Call Her One-Eye that both originated and were granted back when the film was originally released, and with the film having been released on DVD as Thriller: They Call Her One-Eye, it REALLY complicates things.

Comment

Just posted on the VS FB page:

"THRILLER update! While conforming the AB rolls, Kurtis discovered that the negative contains a brief (roughly one minute) additional [nude] sequence with Christina and the Lesbian, which has never made it to any previous release.
          And just this morning, Kurtis discovered another exciting bit of previously unreleased material…but I’ll save the specifics for closer to the release."
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Pre-order page up for the VS release.

https://vinegarsyndrome.com/collecti...-cruel-picture

This special limited edition slipbox + dual slipcover set (like Flesh For Frankenstein) was designed by Tony Stella & Earl Kess and contains four discs:
            UHD disc1: THRILLER uncut festival version (108min)
            UHD disc2: THEY CALL HER ONE EYE original English language version (90min)
            BD disc1: THRILLER
            BD disc2: THEY CALL HER ONE EYE + Special Features

Rendered mute after being sexually assaulted as a youth, Madeleine (sexploitation superstar, Christina Lindberg) lives an isolated existence in her parents' farmhouse. Missing the bus on her way to town one day, Madeleine accepts a lift from a wealthy and charming stranger named Tony. What starts off as an innocent meeting soon takes a nightmarish turn when Madeleine learns that Tony is really a sadistic pimp on the make, who soon enslaves her into his prostitution racket by forcing her to become dependent on heroin. After refusing to service a client, Tony punishes Madeleine by violently blinding her in one eye, forcing her to wear an eyepatch. Despite her limited means, Madeleine secretly saves money to undergo karate and weapons training behind Tony's back. Once she reaches lethal proficiency, Madeleine embarks on a bloody road to revenge against her captors...

From maverick Swedish director, Bo Arne Vibenius, THRILLER – A CRUEL PICTURE is indisputably one of Grindhouse cinema’s crown jewels. Filled with unforgettable moments of sleazy sex and vicious brutality, including one of the most jarring scenes in exploitation film history, Vinegar Syndrome is proud to unleash the definitive THRILLER experience on UHD for the very first time, lovingly assembled from a pristine 4K restoration of the fully uncensored 16mm camera negative, containing never before seen material. This special edition also contains a bounty of exclusive extra features, including the complete original English language version, THEY CALL HER ONE EYE (aka HOOKER’S REVENGE), containing alternate and extended footage not seen since the film’s 42nd Street playdates.

directed by: Bo Arne Vibenius
            starring: Christina Lindberg, Heinz Hopf, Despina Tomazani, Solveig Andersson
            1973 / 108min (uncut) and 90min (TCHOE) / 1.66:1 / Swedish & English Mono

Additional info:
            • Region Free 4K Ultra HD x2 / Blu-ray x2 Set
            • 4k UHD presented in High-Dynamic-Range
            • Newly scanned & restored in 4k from it’s 16mm original camera negative
            • Original Swedish Mono Audio for the uncut festival version of THRILLER
            • Original, un-tampered with, English dub track for both versions
            • "Thriller - A Cruel Documentary" - a 43 minute making-of documentary featuring narration by writer/director Bo Arne Vibenius and on camera interviews with: Christina Lindberg (star), Bo Sunnefeldt (stuntman), Lasse Lundgren (stuntman) and Gunnar Palm (actor)
            • An interview with Christina Lindberg by filmmaker Adrian Garcia Bogliano in 2017
            • A Q&A with Christina Lindberg from a November 11, 2017 screening of THRILLER at Alamo Drafthouse Cinema in Austin, TX
            • Multiple theatrical trailers and TV spots (all newly scanned)
            • Extensive gallery of production/publicity stills and advertising materials
            • Additional extras TBD
            • Reversible cover artwork
            • English SDH subtitles

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I love the slow-mo, I find it psychedelic and appreciate how excessive it is, to the point of absurdity. The HC inserts are definitely intrusive but again just add to the oddness of it all to me.

Comment

Originally posted by VS Newsletter
                As it currently stands, this Deluxe Edition of THRILLER is over halfway sold out (!) and, given the current enthusiasm, while it might make it to the Halfway Sale, it very likely won't survive that weekend. Remember, this weekend will mark its lowest price ever, so if you need THRILLER and THEY CALL HER ONE EYE in UHD, now is the ideal time to get it.
                They haven't mentioned anywhere that I've seen how many units the deluxe release is limited to, but this is clearly doing well for them. They also mention that the second disc with the alternate THEY CALL HER ONE EYE cut is exclusive to the limited edition. I'm certainly curious about that edit - the way they've talked about it makes it sound like the version Synapse released was just based on the longer cut with the hardcore removed, whereas the original theatrical release actually had alternate footage and different editing.

Comment

would be cool if Breaking Point was an easter egg like LHODES on the Corruption disc

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius View Post

They haven't mentioned anywhere that I've seen how many units the deluxe release is limited to, but this is clearly doing well for them. They also mention that the second disc with the alternate THEY CALL HER ONE EYE cut is exclusive to the limited edition. I'm certainly curious about that edit - the way they've talked about it makes it sound like the version Synapse released was just based on the longer cut with the hardcore removed, whereas the original theatrical release actually had alternate footage and different editing.
                    I'd love to see a They Call Her One Eye cut with JUST the inserts removed. Unfortunately, all previous versions - to my knowledge - also significantly cut the eye gouging scene.

Comment

Got my pre-order in.

Comment

The Synapse release is gone from Diabolik, Amazon and even their own website.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

The hell was Synapse trying to do with their Blu-ray release? Talk about pissing away good will with customers.

Comment

Limited edition sold out during the sale but a standard edition will be available.

Click image for larger version

Name:	284504940_1682987635377782_5458373741324179174_n.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	168.6 KB
ID:	394171
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by ChicGandil View Post

I'd love to see a They Call Her One Eye cut with JUST the inserts removed. Unfortunately, all previous versions - to my knowledge - also significantly cut the eye gouging scene.
                              They Call Her One Eye cut is the ORIGINAL US cinema release NOT the Synapse Vengeance cut which is the one you are actually referring to.

Comment

My standard edition 4k arrived today. I didn't realise that it still had the One Eye cut on a separate BD, so it's pretty good as a curio if you don't need to see it in 4k. Unless it proves to be a massive revelation it'll probably just be a one time viewing so pleased I went for the cheaper option.
                                I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Working...
                                X