Thriller: They Call Her One Eye Gets New 4k Restortation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spaghetti Monkey View Post
    So iAlso, the hardcore scenes didn't seem as out of place as i remembered...
    You've probably seen way worse since.
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Hahah, probably.

Comment

Synapse Blu-ray is coming in March. No mention of the 4K restoration

Comment

Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
          Synapse Blu-ray is coming in March. No mention of the 4K restoration
          Artwork:

Reverse Artwork:

Comment

thrilled to see this. I'm overdue on re-visiting this film.

Comment

They're not using the 4k scan. Posted on FB in a reply they don't have access to that.

Comment

Originally posted by bgart13 View Post
                They're not using the 4k scan. Posted on FB in a reply they don't have access to that.
                From Blu-ray forum which probably explains the reason Synapse don't have acess to the 4K remaster:

As I understand it Vibineius have sold Thriller to a US company now. So we will see more about this in the future.

Comment

Since Synapse has the US rights, I'm not sure if this mystery company (if it exists) is going to be able to release it.

Comment

Then maybe this release is to get some money from their license before it runs out (and spoil the next release).

Comment

Maybe, but Vibineius has always denied that Synapse has the US rights to the film, so it doesn't shock me that he was trying to sell the rights again.

Comment

Yes, he sold the worldwide rights to Chrome in the early noughties for 10 grand (before Quentin the cro-mag started name checking it). Chrome fucked up and couldn't release it, so Synapse bought Chrome because the contract said the rights transfer to the new owner. He's been claiming Synapse don't have the rights ever since. Seeing as he's now asking for 100 grand, if a US label did buy the rights for that, they're probably deluded. And seeing as most of these labels are chummy with each other, they probably don't like Don May.
                        I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

I was listening to a recent podcast interview with Bill Lustig and he really doesn't like Don May or Synapse...

Comment

Bill Lustig buying new rights? It's getting chilly in hell!
                            I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Well it has a 4K master that he can slap on a UHD. But yeah, I have a hard time imagining that person on the Blu-ray.com forum is telling the truth. (As an aside, I knew Lustig wasn't happy with the color timing on the Synapse release of Maniac Cop, but in that podcast, he straight up calls Don May an idiot.)

Comment

Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
                                I was listening to a recent podcast interview with Bill Lustig and he really doesn't like Don May or Synapse...
                                Interested! What was the podcast.
                                "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Working...
                                X