• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alison Jane View Post
    After the play.
    :gory:

Comment

I guess this is the soft version? Hope it makes it out on bluray, but not holding my breath.

Comment

I watched the dvd earlier in the year. I like the film but yeah, the slo-mo is over the top & the film runs a little too long. The XXX scenes definitely up's the sleaze so I like that and the molester in the park is creepy. The soundtrack is damn good, as well.

Comment

Why are you guys guessing this is the soft version?

I just asked a friend who saw the new restauration in Helsinki and he said it was the uncut version.

Besides, it's a Swedish restoration of a Swedish movie... and the soft version was created by Americans for US distribution, right? The Swedes wouldn't even have that version of the film...

Comment

Originally posted by Takuma View Post
            Why are you guys guessing this is the soft version?

I just asked a friend who saw the new restauration in Helsinki and he said it was the uncut version.

Besides, it's a Swedish restoration of a Swedish movie... and the soft version was created by Americans for US distribution, right? The Swedes wouldn't even have that version of the film...
            I hope you are right! :)
            "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

A 4k restoration of an edited version of the film whatswhat's to get excited about? No way would I buy a version of a film that is edited. They can do a super deluxe 32k restoration wtf who cares I'd still not buy it if they edit it.

Comment

Not sure how long this has been up, or even if its legit but its on Blu-ray.com as a placeholder

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Thril...lu-ray/185709/

Comment

Swedish film historical significance aside, this film suuuuucks. Heinz Hopf rules though. But it's not enough to carry the film. I found it to be torture watching it and never revisited it. Sold it pretty quickly. Bo Arne Vibenius is apparently an impossible weirdo to deal with. His Breaking Point is kind of great however. Release that instead.
                  https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

I read somewhere that the director had access, through a friend, to a slomo camera belonging to the Swedish military.

The camera was designed for watching projectiles (i.e. artillery shells) in motion, which is why the slow motion scenes are so RIDICULOUSLY slow... Way beyond Peckinpah into something almost abstract.

I'm with you Nabonga; I really wished I liked this movie, but maybe because it's so effective at being nasty that the whole just left me wanting to take a shower for having watched it...

Comment

I've only seen it once, forever ago, but have been wanting to rewatch. Here's hoping for a Blu-ray!
                      Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Cut out most of the slo mo and the out of place hardcore inserts, it'd probably be way better.

Comment

Originally posted by Nabonga View Post
                          His Breaking Point is kind of great however. Release that instead.
                          I saw this thread, and that was my first thought too: I'd much rather see a decent release of BREAKING POINT. That film is something... well, I won't say 'special', but perhaps the phrase 'something else' might be more apt.
                          'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                          'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

I can't believe the guy who made thriller a cruel picture is a weirdo. You'd never guess that by his films haha. And yes thriller did suck but put it out on 4k anyway lol. I wouldn't buy it on blu ray but might on 4k. The slow mo was just weird. Liked the butt fucking though haha

Comment

Originally posted by Nabonga View Post
                              Swedish film historical significance aside, this film suuuuucks. Heinz Hopf rules though. But it's not enough to carry the film. I found it to be torture watching it and never revisited it. Sold it pretty quickly. Bo Arne Vibenius is apparently an impossible weirdo to deal with. His Breaking Point is kind of great however. Release that instead.
                              I agree! "Breaking Point" is fucked up and intense with a great lead performance by the wonderful cinematographer Andreas Bellis! Part exploitation/part arthouse and really memorable.

Comment

Looks like a sequel is on the cards. Hopefully Christina Lindberg is involved if it happens.

From Facebook:

Summer greetings from Boarne Vibenius, the director of the Christina Lindberg film Thriller - a Cruel Picture/They Call Her One-Eye.
                                Here he is doing research for Thriller II in Colombia.
                                & in a reply to a question about the above:

There is a screenplay...
                                fatboyslim142
                                Last edited by fatboyslim142; 06-24-2021, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X