X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Jeanne Moreau

She's passed away at 89.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/jeanne-...obit-1.4228678

"French actress Jeanne Moreau, a smoky-voiced femme fatale who starred in Franí§ois Truffaut's love triangle film Jules and Jim and whose award-winning, seven-decade career included work with some of the world's most acclaimed directors, has died. She was 89.

The French president's office announced her death in a statement Monday without providing a cause. An assistant to her agent confirmed the death but would not provide details.

President Emmanuel Macron said Moreau epitomized her art like few others, and praised her for going beyond her earlier roles as a screen siren to embrace other genres, starring in comedies and action films.

"That was her freedom ... always rebellious against the established order," Macron said in a statement.

Outspoken and politically active, Moreau starred in more than 100 films, recorded albums and worked well into her 80s. She won an honorary Oscar in 1998 for lifetime achievement and French cinema and theater awards, and presided over the jury at the Cannes Film Festival twice.

She was perhaps best known for her performance as Catherine in Truffaut's 1962 Jules and Jim, where two friends vied for her love."
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I sort of fell in love with her in Mademoiselle.

Hottest sociopath ever?
    LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

She's great in The Bride Wore Black and a lot of fun in Viva Maria as well, both made around the same time.

She leaves a very impressive filmography behind!
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Marcello and Moreau in Antonioni's La Notte. Hard to fathom these true legends of cinema are no longer with us. Click image for larger version

Name:	marcello.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	352826

Comment

Working...
        X