No announcement yet.

Best site for euro cult and other DVD-R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took a look in Cinemageddon & it didn't seem to be running any smoother than when they started back up after all the problems. I didn't poke around too much, it just seem to be moving slow when I did a search for a specific title.

I actually deleted all of my torrents as I was never motivated to watching them. I went through them & deleted those I had watched then started deleting them all...

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Wood View Post
      Cinemageddon hasn't allowed invites since their problems a few months ago, I agree with Bogart that rarelust is good (slow downloads but they are restartable), Other good ones are surrealmoviez.info but it also had problems and doesn't allow invites at the moment, Non-invite ones that you could look at are myduckisdead.org (slow downloads and the hoster does not allow restarts but does have a good selection), And, rarefilm.net has a good selection.
      The biggest problem with Cinemageddon that I encountered back when I had a membership was that the community was so small and homogenous that keeping up a ratio was almost impossible if you didn't manage to grab fresh torrents as they got posted. Hell, I originated the ISO and MP4 torrents of The Sword and The Sorceror and STILL couldn't keep high enough!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Clark View Post
        Trash Palace is one of the best with a massive selection.
        Thanks for the link, Tom. I hadn't been able to reach that site in a long time; it used to be at https://www.trashpalace.com/. In fact, if you type in "trash palace dvd" in Google, the first hit that comes up is still his old web address. Maybe Brian changed it so only the ordering pages are secure now?

I haven't actually ordered anything from his site before (just marveled at all the titles), but I knew Brian years ago from conventions, and he was a decent guy to deal with. And just when I was considering making a purchase, I couldn't get to the website anymore.

So, again, thanks for the information, Tom...
        Lorne Marshall
        Last edited by Lorne Marshall; 08-02-2017, 04:44 PM.
        VHS will never die!

Comment

Sad news.
          Looks like one of the best has closed due to an unexpected death. Eurotrashcinema's (one of the best) owner Craig passed away just recently. He was always happy to track down a hard to find cult flick.
          It's pretty hard to find a good DVR site these days.
          "His lives inside of his own heart. That's an awful big place to live in."
          -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Sling Blade' (1996)

"Some roads you shouldn't go down."
          -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Horse 77 View Post
            Sad news.
            Looks like one of the best has closed due to an unexpected death. Eurotrashcinema's (one of the best) owner Craig passed away just recently. He was always happy to track down a hard to find cult flick.
            I heard that last week but could never confirm if it was correct. It's been years since I dealt with him but he was a pleasure to do business with. I quit dealing with him since my dvd player at that time could not handle dvd-r's.

Comment

I bought so many films from Craig Ledbetter, for years and years. What I really liked about him (besides the massive selection of Eurocult films) was that his stuff from PAL releases was converted to NTSC. That was important in the days before I had a multi-region player. He also published an extremely cool fan magazine. I have most of the issues, learned about so many cool films from that. And if memory serves, one of them had a letter from a certain Marshall Crist. Craig was always friendly and extremely reliable. RIP.
              I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
                I bought so many films from Craig Ledbetter, for years and years. What I really liked about him (besides the massive selection of Eurocult films) was that his stuff from PAL releases was converted to NTSC. That was important in the days before I had a multi-region player. He also published an extremely cool fan magazine. I have most of the issues, learned about so many cool films from that. And if memory serves, one of them had a letter from a certain Marshall Crist. Craig was always friendly and extremely reliable. RIP.
                Definitely agree. He was always really helpful and easy to deal with in any situation.
                Other than trash palace I can't really find any good NTSC Eurocult DVR sites. ZDDVM is cool but that also requires a code free player.
                Any suggestions? I'm very close to actually seeing every Jess Franco film; no small task!
                Dark Horse 77
                Last edited by Dark Horse 77; 12-14-2022, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Wood View Post

I heard that last week but could never confirm if it was correct. It's been years since I dealt with him but he was a pleasure to do business with. I quit dealing with him since my dvd player at that time could not handle dvd-r's.
                  His daughter confirmed it and that's why the site is shut down now and doesn't look like it's returning without Craig. He will be missed.

Comment

Very sad news. Craig used to publish every piece of flotsam I ever sent in, both in ETC and his previous effort, Hi-Tech Terror. This mostly consisted of "reviews" of Jean Rollin tapes with no subtitles, where I was just commenting on the ambiance. He was a nice guy in all regards and hooked me up constantly.

Comment

Could anyone recommend a DVR site that's compatible with US players?

Comment

I suppose not.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Horse 77 View Post
                          Sad news.
                          Sad news indeed. It kinda hits harder when it's one of "us", the guys from the collector scene, the fanzine scene, what have you. I used to buy his zine ETC back in the day whenever i could afford it (import prices were and still are steep. I've just spent $30 on the new issue of Deep Red!). RIP Craig. :(

2019: The only blog to survive the nuclear holocaust

Comment

Working...
                          X